“lovely hotel”

Holiday Inn Aylesbury
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Aylesbury
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The room service was prompt, plentiful, good value and delicious. The room was spacious, airy and confortable. I am staying again next week to check out the leisure facilities, especially the jacuzzi.

The only flaw was that i had poor phone signals both with 3 & EE, and rather noisy in the corridors.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear travelchick066
Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury.
Great to know you enjoyed your visit and was due to return the following week, I hope that proved to be just as pleasant? Sorry to hear you struggled with your mobile signals, this is not something I have been made aware of previously.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Room clean and spacious (disabled configuration). Staff are pleasant and helpful and points were offered in lieu of upgrade as hotel full. This did not have to be requested and acknowledged platinum membership. Ate in the restaurant as hotel a little way from town/eateries and this was priced a bit higher than average compared to other sites I have stayed in recently. Internet is chargeable as others have reported which is becoming less acceptable these days and impacts return visit choices.
Other negatives include corridor noise in rooms and open plan wardrobes more reminiscent of the Express version of this chain. Car park only had 2-3 spaces left when we arrived at 6pm.
However overall a largely positive experience.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear zcwm
Thank you for providing your Trip Advisor feedback further to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff across the hotel all contributed in making your stay pleasant.
Thank you for your comments reference the charging for the internet, we value and appreciate your comments and I can advise that we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Breakfast at Holiday Inn, non resident
Staff all charming, chef asked how we were, wished us a good day. Food hot, fried eggs not overcooked, just right, coffee regularly brought to the etable and hot. Great breakfast very friendly staff.

Dear Michael C
Thank you for providing your feedback further to your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury.
Delighted to learn that the food was great and the friendliness and service provided by the team on duty all combined to provide a most enjoyable experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for business and found the hotel in a good location with great facilities, the room was a lovely size & exceptionally clean, all staff were friendly and helpful, the food was very nice with lots of choices and the leisure facilities are a great asset.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear bettyboop020
Thanks for your great feedback further to your recent stay.
Delighted you enjoyed the facilities, and had a great experience. The hotel team will be pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband stays very often in this hotel due to his work commitment and in the half term period I come over with my son to stay there too. The rooms are very confortable, clean, nice bed, quiet. The staff couldn't be more helpful! Their are always ready to help you. The only down side is the food! It's a bit price for what they offer, I think if they sort their food they will be an excellent hotel

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear KellymUk
Thank you for completing your recent TripAdvisor feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel team friendly., good to hear that the size and cleanliness of your room added to your overall experience.
However I am disappointed with your comments regarding the food pricing and shall feedback to our support teams for review.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. This time it was as good as usual except for one thing which was the lack of hot water from the shower. I had run a nice hot bath but because the shower is fixed to the wall you have to stand up to rinse your hair. Firstly I could not turn the shower on. In order to do this I had to get out of the bath and stand to the side of it. It took a minute to be able to turn it on then when I did I had to turn the head to get it off the massage setting. It wouldn't change but it was able to squirt water at me out of one of the joints. Now bearing in mind the shower was only pumping out cold water this was not pleasant. So I had a shower on the wrong setting for rinsing my hair, the water was stone cold and now I had to get back into the bath and stand there to rinse my hair whilst the shower massaged me and my hair with freezing cold water. A real letdown and the receptionist could only say he would get it looked out. But as we were checking out that didn't help me much. We could of been offered something off our bill. But that was too much to ask. Everything else except the bar prices which are ridiculous was good.

Room Tip: Get one near reception otherwise you have a long walk
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Fjblundell
Thank you for providing your feedback further to your stay with us over the Christmas period.
I was disappointed to learn that the issue we experienced with our boiler failing over this period caused you this terrible inconvenience, and obviously concerned that the receptionist on duty at check out did not take a more considered approach. Please do contact me direct and I would be more than happy to take the appropriate action now.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my partner over Christmas 2012 while visiting relatives who live in Aylesbury. Having booked a couple of months ago, the room-only rate of £55 per night represented pretty good value. We were assigned room 241 - it faced the back of the hotel & was nice and peaceful. The bedroom was spacious and clean, although it did smell rather strongly of fresh paint. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well on both nights of our stay. Alas, any attempt to spruce up the bedroom had not extended to the wardrobes and drawers which were made of cheap chipboard and were broken/peeling, or the bathroom, which was tired and in need of some TLC - some mouldy grouting, broken tiles etc. In the long, seemingly endless corridors (which reminded us somewhat of a prison or a hospital), there always seemed to be some discarded remnant of room service - bottles, jugs etc. The greatest inconvenience for us was the fact that on Boxing Day morning the hotel ran out of hot water - this has never, ever happened to me when staying in any hotel anywhere in the world. On ringing down at 9.30am, the reception staff were not even that apologetic, telling me that 'everyone had taken a shower at the same time' (!) and that I could take a shower in the health club if I wanted to - thanks, but no thanks. As far as I knew, I had paid to be able to take a hot shower in my own room. Eventually, after one and a half hours, the water was hot again and I could take a shower. On the plus side, the shower was really powerful and lovely and hot when the water DID work! On checking out and being asked if everything was ok with the room, I mentioned the lack of hot water and again, no apology was forthcoming - just a smile and little laugh. I got the impression this situation may happen often. On leaving, we had to step over a guest's forgotten dirty underwear, discarded in a plastic bag at the entrance. We just had to laugh as it seemed to sum up our stay - some good, some laughable, some bad. This is only the third time I've stayed in a Holiday Inn but I think Premier Inn does 'value' much better - Holiday Inn should concentrate on doing basic really really well rather than trying to do more than basic and not quite reaching that standard. I would probably try Aylesbury Premier Inn next time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back on the second floor are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear TheSGB
Sorry it seems that I failed to respond to your comments further to your stay at the hotel over the Christmas period, apologies as I feel it is important to respond to all the feedback and comments we receive.
It is disappointing to read your feedback from your stay, and It was concerning that the room allocated to you was not to an appropriate standard, this I assure you will be addressed.
The issue regarding hot water was in fact one of a technical nature, and obviously occurring on Boxing Day was not the most convenient or easy to resolve. I am sorry if the Receptionist created an impression lacking empathy, this was I am assured not the case, and should not be however difficult the situation being.
Once again my sincere apologies.
Ian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
Premier Inn Aylesbury Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wendover
Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville
Premier Inn Tring Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Aylesbury? Share your experiences!