Holiday Inn Aylesbury
$98
$181
$152
Agoda.com
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
$105
$303
$269
$105
$67
Travelodge Aylesbury Central(Aylesbury)(Great Value!)
$56
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspancake machineleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomhealth clubreception staffbit datedblack puddingcannot commentbuffet styleevening mealwedding partystayed here for two nightsplenty of parkinggood nights sleepone night staynight's sleepfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband stays very often in this hotel due to his work commitment and in the half term period I come over with my son to stay there too. The rooms are very confortable, clean, nice bed, quiet. The staff couldn't be more helpful! Their are always ready to help you. The only down side is the food! It's a bit price for what they offer, I think if they sort their food they will be an excellent hotel

• Stayed: January 2013
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear KellymUk
Thank you for completing your recent TripAdvisor feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel team friendly., good to hear that the size and cleanliness of your room added to your overall experience.
However I am disappointed with your comments regarding the food pricing and shall feedback to our support teams for review.
Many thanks

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. This time it was as good as usual except for one thing which was the lack of hot water from the shower. I had run a nice hot bath but because the shower is fixed to the wall you have to stand up to rinse your hair. Firstly I could not turn the shower on. In order to do this I had to get out of the bath and stand to the side of it. It took a minute to be able to turn it on then when I did I had to turn the head to get it off the massage setting. It wouldn't change but it was able to squirt water at me out of one of the joints. Now bearing in mind the shower was only pumping out cold water this was not pleasant. So I had a shower on the wrong setting for rinsing my hair, the water was stone cold and now I had to get back into the bath and stand there to rinse my hair whilst the shower massaged me and my hair with freezing cold water. A real letdown and the receptionist could only say he would get it looked out. But as we were checking out that didn't help me much. We could of been offered something off our bill. But that was too much to ask. Everything else except the bar prices which are ridiculous was good.

Room Tip: Get one near reception otherwise you have a long walk
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Fjblundell
Thank you for providing your feedback further to your stay with us over the Christmas period.
I was disappointed to learn that the issue we experienced with our boiler failing over this period caused you this terrible inconvenience, and obviously concerned that the receptionist on duty at check out did not take a more considered approach. Please do contact me direct and I would be more than happy to take the appropriate action now.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my partner over Christmas 2012 while visiting relatives who live in Aylesbury. Having booked a couple of months ago, the room-only rate of £55 per night represented pretty good value. We were assigned room 241 - it faced the back of the hotel & was nice and peaceful. The bedroom was spacious and clean, although it did smell rather strongly of fresh paint. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well on both nights of our stay. Alas, any attempt to spruce up the bedroom had not extended to the wardrobes and drawers which were made of cheap chipboard and were broken/peeling, or the bathroom, which was tired and in need of some TLC - some mouldy grouting, broken tiles etc. In the long, seemingly endless corridors (which reminded us somewhat of a prison or a hospital), there always seemed to be some discarded remnant of room service - bottles, jugs etc. The greatest inconvenience for us was the fact that on Boxing Day morning the hotel ran out of hot water - this has never, ever happened to me when staying in any hotel anywhere in the world. On ringing down at 9.30am, the reception staff were not even that apologetic, telling me that 'everyone had taken a shower at the same time' (!) and that I could take a shower in the health club if I wanted to - thanks, but no thanks. As far as I knew, I had paid to be able to take a hot shower in my own room. Eventually, after one and a half hours, the water was hot again and I could take a shower. On the plus side, the shower was really powerful and lovely and hot when the water DID work! On checking out and being asked if everything was ok with the room, I mentioned the lack of hot water and again, no apology was forthcoming - just a smile and little laugh. I got the impression this situation may happen often. On leaving, we had to step over a guest's forgotten dirty underwear, discarded in a plastic bag at the entrance. We just had to laugh as it seemed to sum up our stay - some good, some laughable, some bad. This is only the third time I've stayed in a Holiday Inn but I think Premier Inn does 'value' much better - Holiday Inn should concentrate on doing basic really really well rather than trying to do more than basic and not quite reaching that standard. I would probably try Aylesbury Premier Inn next time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back on the second floor are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear TheSGB
Sorry it seems that I failed to respond to your comments further to your stay at the hotel over the Christmas period, apologies as I feel it is important to respond to all the feedback and comments we receive.
It is disappointing to read your feedback from your stay, and It was concerning that the room allocated to you was not to an appropriate standard, this I assure you will be addressed.
The issue regarding hot water was in fact one of a technical nature, and obviously occurring on Boxing Day was not the most convenient or easy to resolve. I am sorry if the Receptionist created an impression lacking empathy, this was I am assured not the case, and should not be however difficult the situation being.
Once again my sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay, comfortable, clean and good size rooms. Had an issue regarding restaurant being closed but the manager handled the situation superbly and arranged taxis to a local restaurant where we had a wonderful meal. Many thanks - will recommend this hotel without hesitation and will return next year.

• Stayed: December 2012
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Anne L
Thank you for taking the time to provide your TripAdvisor feedback further to recently staying at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury. I am really sorry that we caused some disappointment due to the main restaurant being occupied for an event, however I was most delighted to see that the Manager on duty was able to provide the complimentary taxi by way of amends to overcome this issue.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a one night stay for business. Checking in and out was very quick and easy, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Food was great, a good standard of food for the evening meal and a good selection at breakfast.

The room was of the standard I would expect, although the bed was enormous, wider than it was long! Very comfortable and a good night's sleep.

My only complaint was that I was on the ground floor with an adjoining door to the next room, so could hear the couple in the room next door talking, watching TV and belching loudly. Luckily they weren't particularly noisy and didn't stay up too late, otherwise I'd have had trouble sleeping.

Overall a pleasant and comfortable stay and only a £5 taxi ride into the centre of Aylesbury.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Susan M
Thank you for providing your feedback further to your recent stay. I was delighted to learn that enjoyed your stay and the facilities of the hotel, however it was disappointing to learn that you were inconvenienced through the noise from the adjacent room. I have asked my Hotel engineer to investigate this issue to establish what we can do to prevent this disturbing other guests in the future.