“Small, convenient and quiet”

Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Aylesbury
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The room was very pleasant and the staff attentive. It was very quiet even though we were on the ground floor. Breakfast was cooked for us and was of a good standard. This is not a very big hotel but it was convenient as we were attending a conference nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one Saturday night in October 2012, and after refusing a downstairs room which smelled of cigarette smoke we were offered a fantastic room on the first floor, the bathroom was spotless,with plenty of hot water, the room was very clean and tidy the tv worked first time ( not like some hotels) ,and the bed was large and extremely comfortable .We had two comfy chairs and a settee and had we so wished we had enough room to dance the night away! We didn't use the restaurant in the evening but enjoyed an enormous breakfast the following morning served by a very pleasant member of staff.To all those people who wrote of having an unpleasant stay should remember that this is Aylesbury, and we've stayed at far worse hotels in Rome,Madrid,Paris and the Carribean Islands to name but a few! Mick'nGill.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights with our family - our booking was for 3 double rooms. We were somewhat nervous having read some of the reviews beforehand, but had found it difficult to find a similarly priced hotel in the area with availability, so went ahead anyway.
We arrived early at check in to be greeted by a friendly receptionist who had arranged for an early room availability due to our schedule that day. This was no problem, and very soon the Manager Carlos introduced himself and duly showed us to our rooms personally. The rooms were clean and fresh, very spacious and everything worked OK.
Our rooms were quiet at night, and the full English breakfast choice was cooked to order and was good. We found nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all so helpful and polite. Cannot fault this hotel in this price range. Well done Carlos and your staff -and thanks.

Room Tip: A first floor room might be better than the ground floor if available....ask for an recently upgrade...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in September and although the hotel is a little run down and tired in areas, the staff were all really friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble!

The food came out in a timely manner, was hot and tasty.

My room was big with a comfy bed and a new Tv.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again and recommend to friends.

What the hotel lacked in moderninity the staff made up for with their service.

Room Tip: My room was upstairs and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rose J
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is a little separated from the rest of the town and on arrival we were greeted by a faded facade, ponderous check-in process and unnecessary music in the hotel corridors.

Room was a decent size but decor uninspired, limited power sockets, poor choice of TV channels, an unstocked minibar (despite card details taken in case we used anything!) and slow broadband.

Therefore nothing at the Garden Court really justifies the rack rate - we got a very cheap deal and even then would question whether it was value for money.

There was a 'For Sale' sign hidden in tree on the edge of the property - seems like the owners have given up on this property and I suggest you follow their lead and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Silex,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Irish V.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having stayed with the Holiday Inn on several occasions before at other locations I did not hesitate to book a room at Garden Court. My experience upto this point had been very good, with nice comfortable rooms and all round quality. I was disappointed to find that the welcome here was not of the same calibre. The room was large but was showing signs of age and neglect. But my experience spiralled downwards once I entered the restaurant. It is like walking into somebody's living room, very small and with a tv on in the corner. It was empty despite the car park being quite full. Now I know why. The menu is tiny and well overpriced. The food arrived within what seemed like 5 minutes from behind the bar/reception. Served by a the same greasy loking foreign chap that was behind the receptionist when checking-in. Food was terrible.

When I checked-in the receptionist confirmed that breakfast was included with my booking yet the next day a different member of staff said it wasn't. I was told there was nothing she could do but I am welcome to challenge it later. Oh well, in no mood to argue so sat down for some food. Elected for the full english which again appeared within seconds but was nicer than the evening meal although somewhat small. Waitress didn't smile once yet was happy to share a hilarious joke with other staff behind the bar/reception.

I was shocked to see I was charged £11.95 for breakfast!

The staff seemed very low on morale.

My advice is go for room only, do not eat food there at all and don't expect any special treatment such as a smile. Or just book into the Holiday Inn which is just up the road further into the town where I have had a very good stay.

Reported my experience to Holiday Innbut just had a bog-standard typical reply " We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.....we will work to improve..." etc

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sjm7891
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear sjm7891,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travel on business quite frequently and generally stay in a Travelodge or the like for £30 or something on that mark. Here I got charged £80.

Ok, the room was larger and initially looked a lot smarter than many other lost cost chains. However this clearly reflected in the price. Nevertheless for one overnight stay on business it seemed to offer little more in terms of facilities than other budget chains for a lot more money.

The staff were not exactly charming and seemed more interested in wanting to hang out in the back office more than attend the counter.

Sleep quality was good as the rooms are well sound insulated although I did not experiment with opening the window.

Room Tip: As with many reviews for these kind of roadside motels, getting a room on the non-road side will pro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Nick_LHR,

Thank you for the review of our hotel that you recently posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your taking the time to make us aware of the service issues you encountered. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and the service you received during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. It is my sincere hope that you will consider giving us the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Aylesbury.

Connie D