All reviews brewers fayre rupert street city centre coach station car park meal deal minute walk colston hall good nights sleep room was spotless excellent stay family room air con night's sleep definitely stay here again floating harbour comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Reviewed June 6, 2019

This was a very quiet hotel in the centre of town. Bed was comfortable. Clean. Walkable to SS Britain.

The area around the train station had a lot of construction so we took a taxi to the hotel from the train station.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Never stayed at a Premier Inn before so didn't know what to expect but the double room I booked was comfortable (please bear in mind that this isn't five-star) with a lovely double bed, a nice clean bathroom with shower/bath, wash basin and loo, and enough space to hang clothes although had there been two of us it might have been a bit more of a squash as there were only 6 hangers in the designated wardrobe area which had no sided but did have a wooden front with a drawer underneath. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels provided, and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
If there was a teeny thing (this is probably just me) it was the wi-fi. It didn't seem to connect well and I was always having to re-connect which was a pain. It could have been my phone but I only got a good connection twice in six days. I mentioned it to the reception staff member when I booked out and he seemed very surprised.
What I'd loved to have done was to buy a pint of milk and put it in the fridge but there was no fridge in the room. Again, this is just me but it would have been nice to have had somewhere to store a cold salad and water for an evening meal instead of having to go out again to get food, after a long and tiring day.
Something that threw me a bit was the random room cleaning times. Sometimes it was done by 10am or midday but once I got back at 4pm and they were still cleaning them, and there may have been a good reason for that. Bit disconcerting when you've been walking for 4 hours and just want a lie-down but then your domestic wants to clean your room.
All in all I enjoyed my stay at Lewins Mead Premier Inn and when I've got some dates sorted out, I'm going back later this year. It suited me perfectly as I was out every day for quite some time so it was good to have somewhere basic but clean and comfortable to crash after a hectic day.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Anglo59
Reviewed June 4, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for our visit to one of the Cricket World Cup games which was taking place at the Bristol County ground. There is no parking at the hotel, so we parked in the NCP across the road which was quite expensive despite the 25% discount given by the hotel, but apart from that, the hotel was perfectly acceptable and is located right in the city centre near to a bus stop that took us straight to the cricket ground. Our room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed, but don't expect a beautiful view from your window! We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant which costs extra, but was reasonably good. No complaints, just an ok place to stay without any frills.