“Unimpressive”

Ranked #113 of 1,762 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Clifton Sausage, our aim is to show that when British food is done well, it can compete with the best food in the world for taste and satisfaction. Situated in the heart of Clifton Village and furnished with pine tables, candles, warm yellow and sky blue walls, comfort and 'a touch of class' is found in the surroundings as well as the food and service. Browse through the menus, take a look at upcoming events and book your table today.
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a Friday night. The service was fast and good however the food did not live up to expectations. The sausages were not well supported by either the champ which was in dire need of heavy seasoning or the sauce which was watery and one dimensional. I chose for an additional pound the 'toad in the hole option'. What was presented was a reheated, dense Yorkshire pudding with absolutely no flavour with the sausages just placed simply within, not what I call a toad in the hole. With the bill only coming to 24 pounds not enough to quibble over so just paid up and left. Fell short of my expectations and I don't think I shall return again sadly.

1  Thank Barny W

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Recently ate here as I was away for work. The service was fast and efficient and the waitress was very friendly. I was expecting it to be good, and I wasn't disappointed, in fact it was better than I expected. I didn't think sausages could be that good.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice meal this evening completely ruined by the incorrect bill and terrible service. My order of toad in the hole with reindeer sausage for £10.95 was completely misinterpreted (as admitted by the dismissive waitress upon my complaint) as the £15 reindeer dish with all the trimmings, plus a Yorkshire pudding for an extra £1 on top (ie a dish in excess of £5 more (approx 50% more) than the one I had ordered!!!)!! I was not made aware of this until the incorrect bill arrived for me to pay at the end of our meal. My complaint was dealt with in the most dismissive manner by the waitress and the bill, very very wrongly, was not corrected. I question why I have been ripped off and have paid the bill for Clifton Sausages error. A restaurant I shall not be visiting ever again.

3  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Very busy, and clearly popular, restaurant serving great sausage and mash classics with good quality sides like red cabbage and kale. The homemade parsnip crisps are superb; really light and flavoursome. Didn't have space for pudding sadly. Only thing that let it down was having to wait (in a nearby bar) as our table booking wasn't ready. Bit frustrating as we couldn't book in before 9 and didn't sit down to eat until nearly 10. But I admit I didn't care when food arrived.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for a quick lunch today. Tried the beef and ale sausages and also the pork, cider & mustard sausages. Everything was superb!