“Indian with a twist”

Kathmandu Nepalese restaurant
Ranked #91 of 1,612 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nepalese home cooking simple tasty ! Low in fat high on taste!
“Indian with a twist”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff there are always friendly, and feels very much a family restaurant with delightful ambiance. We have been coming here twice and had a private party here twice, always the standards are high. The food is mostly typical of that in the Indian restaurant, I am aware that Nepal is situated between China and India which accounts for what was on the menu. I highly recommend the orkas and fish curry, the naan bread is delightfully fresh and fluffy.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank MarkH1972

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and fabulous food”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been to this restaurant 4 times now and have always had a fantastic meal.

The food is very tasty - try the vegetarian options they are very good. i have found some new dishes that have introduced me to new tastes.

The staff are friendly and even remembered my wife's normal tipple.

Go there and give it a go - its so close to the hippodrome and colston hall that its perfect for a pre show meal.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank RobertN8
Bristol
“Friendly staff, beautiful food, Coeliac friendly.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a meal here as part of a Charity event. We were warmly welcomed by the staff, who were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and there is a large variety of different Nepalese dishes available to suit both vegetarians and coeliacs. I can highly recommend the Dal Tarka but can honestly say all the food was really tasty. I look forward to going back again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BekGreen
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have used this restaurant for many years as family treats etc. This year we again visited for my sons birthday. The salmon meal I have enjoyed all year was superb and the men loved their chicken chat. The atmosphere is good warm and friendly. Wine a little over priced but not unusual for a centre city place.

• Visited November 2012
“Best restaurant !!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last night we visited Kathmandu restaurant which is an excellent restaurant with an authentic Nepalese taste. We had momos for starter which came with an amazing sauce.Then for main we had lamb chhoyla and chicken sunkoshi which was delicious Nepalese dish.The service was friendly and very attentive.visit again with my friend for Christmas party.