“Evening Out”

Dining options: Reservations
Bristol, England
“Evening Out”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I go here quiet a lot, the food is always fabulous and the service is really good. Recommend the chicken :-)

Visited May 2012

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Firehouse - Bristol”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

In an attractive and busy area well supplied with restaurants, the menu at Firehouse was tempting enough to make a decision easy. We entered to find it surprisingly quiet but left later certain that the food deserved customers. Greg’s goats cheese queso fundido was full of flavour but he was not sure that tortilla chips were the correct accompaniment. My Chinese chicken salad was very well done and came in a portion perilously large for a starter. Our main courses were very good and attracted only the mildest comments of query. Both were attractively presented. Greg’s honey BBQ duck had sauce in sufficient quantity to mask any cheddar in the mash. He very much liked the fine green beans. My maple glazed pork with apple cabbage coleslaw and sweet potato cakes was beautifully cooked but I have word of caution for the unwary. A second look at the menu will remind you that each component is sweet and this is rather obvious when you tuck in. Service was mostly good but my followers will know that I dislike lack of attention to detail. One plate was too hot, the other possibly unwarmed. There was no pepper on our table and it was not offered by the waitress. None of this spoiled a good meal. Restaurants do come and go so, should this one go, the branch in Bath which is where you will have to go if you wish to test my veracity.

• Visited May 2012
“A lovely place with great food!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stumbled across this place by accident and we are now really glad we decided to stop and have a meal. The food is spot on, not too fancy but cooked and presented perfectly. The staff and the restaurant itself are welcoming and I would recommend it anyone.

Visited May 2012
Bristol
“Nice venue”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Nice venue, nice food and lovely service. Would visit again.

england
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place and beautiful food”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We popped in on the way to see a show, the staff understood we were on a time limit and did all they could to make sure we got out on time. It is a simple but elegant in decoration with a lovely feel and atmosphere. I had a delicious chicken salad and my husband enjoyed the Salmon. Beautifully cooked and seasoned. Good choice of wine and could not fault the level of service. Only bad point was that we couldn't stop for pudding! I cant wait to go back!

Visited January 2012