1,302 results
All reviews waffle maker city centre cabot circus complimentary breakfast queen room ncp car park next door walk in shower coach station comfortable bed self service excellent hotel excellent stay the holiday inn breakfast staff busy road good size nice room
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

I booked a room for 2 on the internet to stay here & I’m so pleased I did. Nice comfortable room with a fabulous bed. Had a great nights sleep. Loved 1 soft & 1 hard pillow. Air conditioned room was spot on. Nice big shower, with space to move & turn in. Had 2 meals & 2 pints of bear costing about £25. Good value. WiFi is free & available throughout the hotel. Breakfast was included with my booking & there was plenty of choice. This hotel is within walking distance of the airport. Takes about 6 minutes to get there. We had no car so I can’t comment on parking. You’ve spoilt us with the luxury of this stay so much so we are thinking to stay at Hampton by Hilton in Newcastle next. 10/10 full marks from me.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for work. The hotel staff were great, friendly, helpful and really chatty. My room was on the 6th floor, therefore two lifts so no heavy lifting of bags. The room was large, with a double bed and sofa. It was sparsely decorated but for a stopover with work no complaints. The bed was comfy and the hotel was quiet, which meant a great nights sleep.

The restaurant menu was unavailable between 7pm and 9pm as a large touring group arrived. There isn't a great selection of places to eat nearby so I opted for a Thai deliveroo which the hotel are great about (they even loaned me some cutlery).

The bathroom has a large shower with ok water pressure although the water could have been hotter.

Breakfast offers a typical buffet selection, full English, bread, cheese. Ham, fruit etc.

Staff are 5 star, facilities 3/4

Trip type: Traveled on business
HamptonBristolCC, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Afternoon travelchick-UK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience from your recent stay here with us at the Hampton by Hilton Bristol City Centre hotel.

I am so pleased you found our team here to be friendly, helpful and chatty! Here at Hampton, we strive to deliver warm, friendly and sincere service so it's great to know the team delivered this with you. I will make sure to share your staff rating with them.

As a hotel, there is nothing more important than for our customers to get a good rest so we are delighted to read that with a comfy bed and quiet hotel you enjoyed a great nights sleep!

Please accept our apologies that the large touring group had an impact on your dining choices. Hampton properties are limited due to our size of our kitchens which does mean that regrettably, we are restricted with the size of our menu and what we can offer.

Our Maintenance Manager sends his thanks for your feedback regarding the water pressure and temperature and is in the process of investigating this.

In closing, thank you again for your time and feedback; I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel at some point int he future.

Kind Regards

Mark Swistek
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Visited Bristol for a three night stay and booked to stay at the Hampton because it looked fairly central, good price and breakfast included. When booking we asked for a room high up with no connecting doors. We arrived by train and thought the walk from the station would be easier than it was, first time visit so probably didn't take the shortest route.
Arrived at the hotel and was dealt with by a very friendly receptionist called Gall ? One of the many cosmopolitan, very helpful staff. Double room on the top floor with everything we asked for. Very comfortable room, great city view with a proper sized shower room. The breakfast was buffet style, massive selection of hot and cold options, all very fresh. Everything restocked promptly and tables also reqularly cleared by vigilant staff.
Why then do l only rate the place as being very good? Location is not brilliant, a bit out of the main drag, hotel looks far better inside than outside (very drab with the brand name in extremely small print at top of building),the nearby Bear Pit underpass/roundabout is not one of Bristol's most appealing features.
Lots to see in Bristol, many homeless and plenty of stag/hen party groups wandering about on the weekend. No surprise then that we were briefly woken a couple of times during the night by folk returning to their rooms. Not particularly a problem as we were all young once. We were there Fri and Sat night but very quiet Thursday night. All in all we thought the hotel was a very solid ..... very good!! Don't be put off by anything I've written as it is good value and I'm just giving you a heads up.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Stayed here for 1 night with a friend..picked this hotel purely for price & location as it was near to a gig we were going to.
As it was very cheap, I wasn’t expecting much and would have been happy if it was clean & comfortable..but it was so much more!
The staff were super friendly upon arrival..a much more welcoming experience than other hotels I’ve stayed in recently & a refreshing change! The room was really clean & the beds really comfortable.
No room service but we were delighted when we got back in the wee hours famished & discovered we could get a delicious pizza from the bar as well as any snacks & drinks!
Breakfast was the icing on the cake..we were expecting a simple continental breakfast but were greeted by a huge array of things both hot & cold, including a waffle maker! I had a cooked breakfast which was lovely..the sausages were splendidly tasty.
Would highly recommend, ridiculously cheap..amazingly comfortable and a magnificent breakfast!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

Although on the proximity of the city centre, the hotel is still in walking distance to most of the main attractions. Hotel was clean and fresh in appearance, and the staff very helpful. The usual Hampton breakfast is always very welcome.

Trip type: Traveled solo