“Plastic food,dreadful service and deafening cheesy music!!!!”
Review of Caffe Sazz - CLOSED

Caffe Sazz
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: North St in Bedminster has seen double helpings of great new eateries opening in recent years and this small converted shop is one of them. Heavily influenced by the birthplace of its owners, the café offers a choice of traditional fare, like a range of English breakfasts, sandwiches and salads to go alongside the more interesting Turkish menu. The mezze to share is a good introduction if you're not familiar with the cuisine - a mix of starter dishes - and the chef's specials will satisfy the meat lovers out there. There's also good vegetarian options, a children's menus and don't forget the legendary baklava to finish off with.
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited Cafe Sazz today for the first time and it will be the last!
The service is abrupt and rude to the point you feel uncomfortable to ask for anything!
The English breakfast I ordered was DISGUSTING!!! I don't know how they fryed the eggs but they were just two disks of oil filled burnt egg white. The sausage was not even a whole sausage and so over cooked and dripping in oil. The chips were again over cooked that they were just crispy shells of potato saturated in oil! I also waited 25 minutes for my plate of oil and over cooked meat which I find unacceptable as I was the only person in there!
The wifi is awful little to no signal strength!
The cheesy music is tinny blasting through the speakers!!
Overall not good!

1  Thank Charlotte-9090

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went here for lunch today on Bank Holiday Sunday. The sun was shining so there were tables available outside with people enjoying their lunch and a drink.

My friend and I sat inside where there was some background music playing, which created a nice atmosphere.

They have quite a varied menu ranging from breakfast/brunch, panini/sandwiches, salads, hot & cold mezze and main meals.

The food was very good and reasonably priced. We both had houmous and warm pitta bread to start, which was home made with plenty of garlic and had a good texture. It was served with red and green peppers and olives.

For 'main' I had a Feta salad, which was very fresh and served with olive oil, dressing and herb seasoning. The cheese itself was really tasty; creamy with a nice texture and not too salty like a lot of Feta. The salad was served with a big basket of warm Turkish flat bread, which was really nice :) My friend had a tuna roll with fries, which he said was good.

An enjoyable and tasty lunch. I would visit again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went on a Friday night for a 'Women's Gym (Sundance Gym) Party' . The atmosphere was great with Antolino singing with his acoustic guitar as we ate our starters. The food was great, the starter was a Meze of Turkish food (Houmous, vine leaves, Koftas etc) and then we had a main of grilled meat and Couscous which was really tasty. The staff were fantastic, really friendly and they got EVERYONE involved. The belly dancer gave another fun and unique twist on the night. It was exactly what we were looking for, for a group night out. I wouldn't recommend if you are looking for an intimate, romantic meal (well, not fri & sat nights) as you would probably find all the noise inappropriate and annoying, but if you are looking for a fun, different night out, then CAFE SAZZ is PERFECT! We're trying to book our Christmas Party there already!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Saturday lunch time with my wife. Presented with a dessert menu on arrival, which was changed to main menu upon request. Order taken (paninis), then we were asked again if we were ready to order. Politely explained that we had already ordered but alarm bells ringing in my head. Almost a 30 minute wait for a simple order - manager apologised for delay - and when food arrived the waitress had only taken one of our orders. I then had to sit and wait whilst my wife ate hers, albeit it was no more than another 10 minute wait for mine to arrive. Both waitress and manager apologised and to be fair we were offered another round of drinks on the house - which we accepted - but the damage had already been done. Food was okay, but on our visit the service was most definately not.

1  Thank KeithMajor
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Took my 4yo in for some lunch, felt a bit pressured by the staff to order when we still hadn't decided and was gruffly told to order at the bar. Child had a kids meal of chicken nuggets and chips with three token bits of cucumber, the presentation was dire, the nuggets looked anaemic and the chips were the lowest quality fries. My full English breakfast arrived some time later and I have to confess it was disconcerting to see half the plate covered in the same stick thin fries. The bacon was superb and plentiful, the bread was white (despite them offering granary as part of another breakfast) and the eggs had been cooked in little moulds. There was plenty of everything and unlike the kids meal I thought it was reasonable value. The breakfasts all cost a set amount but contained varying amounts of food. The coffee was superb! Overall a bit lacklustre and I don't think we'll bother again. I get the impression their evening fare is better.