“Good sunday lunch”

The Flyer
Ranked #600 of 1,593 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Up there with the best pubs in Bristol.The Bristol Flyer, as it's traditionally known, is a friendly pub on the Gloucester Road serving seriously good pub food and an array of speciality drinks more dizzying than our classic trompe d'oeil floor. Head for one of our cosy, relaxing sofas and you'll soon recover. As a venue we're versatile (like a potato but better) and well kitted out for both intimate dinners and group gatherings.
England
“Good sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Have eaten here a few times, sunday lunch was pretty good. Food good value, drinks a little pricier than other pubs in area - not justified. Worth a look

Visited June 2012

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything we thirty-somethings wanted from a pub on a Friday night. Great food and beer and a comfy booth to sit in. Pub busy and atmosphere great. Look forward to our return visit. I had fish and chips and my husband had beef pie - both meals delicious.

Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice venue, poor food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

A great venue with plenty of room and a relaxing interior.

Also a good selection of drinks, served by friendly staff. Let down somewhat by a poor standard of food, the menu promises much but appears to suffer both from poor ingredients and cooking, treat with caution!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really great staff”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great place for a pint, bit pricey but everywhere is nowadays. Staff always very happy and the quiz night is ace. Can't remember her name byt the quiz master is hilarious.
Nice place, bit chainy but very decent boozer

• Visited August 2012
bristol
“Cheap ingredients used, poor meal”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We visited as a group on a Saturday night. Initially I ordered a halloumi cheese, avocado and couscous salad with a lemon and chilli dressing which arrived absolutely swimming in grease. It tasted simply of oil and nothing else. I returned this meal and was offered the menu again. At this point all the diners with me had received their meals. I then chose the sausage and mash option which looked nice as a friend had chosen this also. By the time my meal was brought to me everybody else had finished eating theirs. I have never had such bad sausages! They had huge lumps of gristle in them, absolutely disgusting! I did not finish my meal and when the staff came to clear the table I expressed my disgust with the meal (my friend who also had the sausages was not that impressed either). To be fair the manager came over and did offer me drinks on the house and the chance to order alternative food but by this point I just wanted to leave. i was given a refund. Out of the other diners with me about 25% were not impressed with their food quality. I used to love going to the Flyer but I will certainly not be going there to eat ever again!

• Visited July 2012