“BRILLIANT FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ahmeds Curry Cafe

Ahmeds Curry Cafe
Ranked #835 of 1,565 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
bristol
“BRILLIANT FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went here on a party from work, there was 8 of us the staff coped great with the pressure of a large party, food was lovely and plentiful, drinks not too overpriced,would recommend going here for a curry when in a group or as a couple.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank nikita s

Bangkok, Thailand
“Very mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Very mediocre curry house, definitely lots better in the area meaning I probably wouldn't order here again.

1 Thank James-H1984
“Worst takeaway ever! - Long black hairs in my food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I've bee going here for years but its slowly been getting worse and worse. When I got our takeaway home I found a huge clump of black hairs in my food!!

It males me sick thinking of how I could have eaten that! (picture uploaded of some of them)!!

If you're not fussed about the thought of hair in your food then eat here... otherwise try one of the many other good takeaways in bristol.

Beauty of living in a city is I'll never have to eat there again!!

2 Thank bristol2london
Bristol
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm not a lover of challengingly hot curries so, for me, Indian food needs to be tasty by way of how interestingly and skilfully it's spiced. Unfortunately, we both felt that the food we had at Ahmed's Curry Cafe was just bland, nothing to excite the taste buds at all.

It's a nice enough litte place and the menu's good, but we shan't return. There are several alternative Indian restaurants in Bristol that offer a far more interesting dining experience at much the same prices.

• Visited December 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“By far the best indian take away in Bristol”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I ordered a take away through 'Just-Eat' from Ahmed's this week (Nov) for my house, and it was easily the best Indian food I've had since I moved to Bristol 2 years ago. I am a huge curry fan, but I've tried a number of places in the city and happen to think the overall quality of Bristolian curry houses is poor at best, so this was a real change from the bland and unadventurous norm.

6 of us ate 6 different meals and starters (I had a mix of Bengal Chicken and Methi chicken for mains, both £6.95, with mixed starter/onion bhaji, £3.95 - see photo), and all of us were very impressed with our meals. The basics were done well; rice was flavoursome and cooked well, we found that you can easily share one portion between two, and naan breads were incredibly light yet still tasty - much better than the stodgy creations that can often turn up from other (more popular!) places. The more unusual exotic menu options were thoroughly refreshing and exciting; their 'world curries' and 'specials' selections were excellent, and catered for both beginners and curry lovers alike.

I can't yet comment on the actual restaurant as I haven't been, but having tried the food, it won't be long until I pay them a visit! The food turned up 15 minutes before just-eat had predicted, and the delivery man gave us a voucher for £4 off our next take away, so speaking from my own experience, their service was excellent.

Thoroughly recommended!