“Good food”
Review of Juniper Restaurant - CLOSED

Juniper Restaurant
Cuisines: European, French, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: From the moment you step inside our Bristol restaurant our dedicated team will ensure that you feel at home by providing impeccable and attentive service with a selection of dishes for everyone. Juniper is about celebrating with partners, friends and family in a relaxed and cosy dining environment. Head chef Nick Kleiner takes his inspiration from contemporary eclectic menus that specialise in balancing bold and fresh flavours. Using well-sourced seasonal produce is also vital to Nick and he strongly believes in supporting local food suppliers regularly. Since we opened over twelve years ago in the heart of the Cotham / Kingsdown, our restaurant has been continuously recognised in the Bristol food world. For two years running now we are award winning, holding an AA Rosette.
Bristol
“Good food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The good food is let down by the front of house team, who seem to be really down. Prozac in the wage packet might help.

Visited March 2013

Bristol
“A great Restaurant with excellent food.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I used a 5 course voucher for my first visit here and we weren't disappointed. The waitress gave us the option of where to sit and was very polite and helpful. The house Red wine was ok, but it was the food that really stood out. Excellent quality and presented very well. The staff made one little error on serving, so made my wife's 2nd glass of wine complimentary, which was a nice touch.
The meal offered great value with the voucher and I would seriously recommend this restaurant to anyone that asked me.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lemon889
Bristol, United Kingdom
“5 course Groupon Deal”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently went to Juniper because I had a 5 course meal voucher for 2. The food was delicious. I ordered the steak with chorizo potatoes as my main, and it was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. Everything that came to our table was very good. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the service. I felt like I didn't matter as a customer, because I had a voucher. I was offered a drink at the beginning of the night, and then wasn't ever asked again. When asked about the food, or any recommendations, the waitress was quite short and sharp with her reply, which made us feel quite uncomfortable. Overall, I would definitely recommend it for the food, but don't expect to feel welcomed there.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Do not believe the low marks”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My girlfriend bought the 5 course voucher for 2 and we booked for 24/04/13. Before going I read a few reviews and was unsure as many were very poor, but what a great night we had.
The food was amazing, I choose the Sea Bream as a main and it was soooo good, perfectly cooked with crispy skin and soft white flesh. The filler dishes were superb, the mushroom dish was simple, but very well executed. The Pork Belly was the best I have ever had, so tasty, with the crackling being perfect, yet sweet at the same time.
The only flaw was that we could have waited a bit longer in between courses, nothing worth griping about.
The waitresses could come across as a bit stern, but I think that this was down to just 2 off the covering the whole restaurant, the were not "grumpy" just focused as they had a lot to do, and did it well. When asked about any of the food, we always got a smile and polite reply.
The elder waitress explained about the service charge being a percentage of the original value, and clearly stated that we did not have to pay if we wanted. We paid the full amount plus a bit extra as both girls worked so hard.
In all a great night.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“New Spring menu”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had the chance to revisit this restaurant and try out their new menu for £20pp for 3 courses and I wasn't disappointed. There was lots of choice and interesting flavour combinations. We opted for the pork belly with sticky coconut rice and crab cakes to start which were both delicious. For our mains, we had lamb which was melt in the mouth perfect and the steak, which although had a lovely flavour and was cooked medium rare, was a little chewy. We both had the cheeseboard to finish. The portions were generous as always and we both left full to the brim. The service was excellent, the food was amazing and the wine, perfect. The only slight downside was the fact that a large (and loud) party celebrating a birthday ended up sitting next to us, but that's clutching at straws, the whole evening was brilliant. I already know what I'm having next time!