“Authentic”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate here with the mite on a Friday and it was jammed-food is authentically Thai had great aromatic chicken sate and dumplings to start followed bty a penang curry and large bowl of chicken noodle soup followed by mango and sticky rice. The food is great value and does remind me of food eaten in Thailand-It is good value £10 for 2 courses. Service excellent considering the staff were run off their feet by the number of diners.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have had takeaway from Thai classic before and it was ok, not as good as our usual Thai takeaway place but ok. Friends of ours came to Bristol and we thought we'd give it a go as it seemed very busy and popular despite the ropey appearance. We decided to order from the set menu which seemed like good value until we got our food. The starters were ok although one of the dim sum dishes seemed undercooked. The mains came out and the plates were very cold and chipped and the rice looked like it had been microwaved. My penang curry was very very runny considering it stated dry on the menu. All the meals were Luke warm and felt like they had visited a microwave before finding their way to our table. The chicken chow mein was absolutely NOT edible! It tasted very watered down and a little like dish water. No one finished their plates of food and we got the bill as quick as possible. The bill had a 10% service charge apparently because we were a table of 4 or more (?). I don't normally have an issue with tipping only the food was awful and the service not much more then you'd expect really, the waitress kindly removed the charge for us. The toilets also need special mention as they weren't overly clean really with a cloth hand towel on offer to dry hands. How we didn't get food poisoning is a surprise to me.

I'll end by saying that we won't be visiting the Thai Classic again, and imagine that maybe we did just get a bad night.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant by accident, but we were surprised, wow so amazing and tasty food! It was in the middle of week and the place was busy! Great value for money. If you want authentic Thai food, then you must visit this restaurant! Maybe decoration is not the best, but worth a visit. Thank you for a lovely evening!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We tried this place for a takeaway as our usual Thai favourite was closed on New Years Day. My boyfriend had been many years ago and didn't like it, but I thought we'd give this place a go as any bad reviews on here seem to be from years ago, and a lot changes in such time.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food, everything we ordered was lovely. The only disappointment was that the prawn crackers were Chinese and not Thai, but apart from that, good.

I've walked past the restaurant many a time, but never been in as it looks quite shabby from the outside. Perhaps with a lick of paint it could really do itself justice.

I definitely recommend the takeaway, I can't comment on eating in at the moment, but plan to try it soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a joy! Met friends for lunch, about 20 of us. We ordered for the 2 course menu. There was a good variety of dishes. Starter for me was king prawns in pancake rolls with sweet chilli sauce - really good. My husband had tom yum - tasted so good. Then he had Thai green curry which was very good and tasty. I had singapore rice with chicken, prawrns and vegetables. This was so tasty. Great value £7 each!! Bargain. Good size portion of food and great taste. We will definately be bringing other friends here. Staff very friendly.