“Best of Bristol”

Bordeaux Quay
Ranked #671 of 1,691 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Bristol's Picturesque Harbourside, Bordeaux Quay is an award-winning venue with a reputation for great food and service, stylish décor and a stunning waterside location in Bristol's city centre.A restaurant, deli, brasserie, wine bar, bakery and cookery school under one roof.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food was first rate - great flavours, and the olive oil was delicioso. The staff were professional yet friendly, and certainly knew their stuff.

WilliamHThomas, General Manager at Bordeaux Quay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

NessMill,

Thank you for your kind review. We at Bordeaux Quay are pleased you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hello today I visited your establishment, I remember when Bordeaux quay was a venue worth attending! Not any more, I have generally had satisfactory experiences but never have I been ecstatic with what I received, but it was never dross or boring, today I had Moules marinière with a over powering flavour of salt not much wine and to much stock flavour, also it had the viscosity of water, the cream and the protein should help to thicken slightly! I reckon one tsp of cream was all that was in the dish.

I am a Chef myself and classics are classics, none of this with a twist lark!

I love spending my money on great produce and dining out.

I shall never visit your establishment again! Its not worth the stress of being promised quality and getting very average food with bistro style portions.

Nice waiting staff is the only positive thing I have to say about the visit!

Steenthechef,

Thank you for taking the time to email me personally and then cut and paste that email into your first review on Trip Advisor. It is feedback from customers that make the most valuable management tool in our industry. But surely as a chef you must know that there are many people who believe moules mariniere should be made without cream, and here at Bordeaux Quay we are some of them. there is no cream in our mussels, or stock. Just butter, shallots, garlic, white wine and of course mussels, garnished with parsley. Thank you for acknowledging the waiting staff. They work very hard. We are sorry we wont see you here at Bordeaux Quay.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a lovely meal very relaxed environment very friendly staff. Waiting time was minimal very good products used minimal choice for vegaterians though

Rose B

Thank you for your feed back. we look into creating a greater option for vegetarians and all dietary requirements.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

In an area of what seemed very busy, mainstream and not family-friendly restaurants we felt we made a lucky choice here. Lovely outside tables, good service, delicious food and a good children's menu.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed an impromptu dinner here watching the ships sail in.

Bristol harbourside is always a joy for dining and Bordeaux Quay is no exception.
The staff were friendly and helpful and while we waited for a table to become available we enjoyed a drink in the comfortable and well decorated bar.

The food was tasty, while not mind blowing, still very yummy, and well priced.

The wine menu is varied and the selection is good. We ordered from the sparkling wines list and the presentation of our selection made the evening feel a little more special.

I would visit again!