“Something for everyone”

Bordeaux Quay
Ranked #452 of 1,593 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Bristol's Picturesque Harbourside, Bordeaux Quay is an award-winning venue with a reputation for great food and service, stylish décor and a stunning waterside location in Bristol's city centre.A restaurant, deli, brasserie, wine bar, bakery and cookery school under one roof.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to meet friends, wander around the deli, sit for lunch or visit the upstairs a la carte restaurant. There is no where else like it in Bristol. The staff are friendly and the bar has a wide selection of drinks. Highly recommend a visit!

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Not great”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a ploughmans lunch. Didnt look very appetising on arrival. Best bit was the delicious bread. I wouldn't go there again. The toilets were pretty dirty, as was part of the restaurant.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cool modern eaterie”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped off for a late lunch here whilst the Harbourside Festival was in full swing on Sunday afternoon... which gave great ambience to the whole experience.

We were served by a helpful, smiley waitress - Hatty. We had some delicious bread & olive oil as a 'starter', followed by fresh, tasty local fish & chips with mushed, minted peas. Absolutely delicious & served very swiftly.

My only gripe is the corridor to the loos... smelt a bit, um, stale.

Pretty good overall, given that there were so many people about that day.

Lagos, Portugal
“Waterside lunch”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

A nice warm Saturday lunchtime. Staff welcoming and soon got us an outside table. Good location but pricey. Fish and chips at £13. When the bill arrived they had kindly added a 12.5% service charge (optional). This we found an unacceptable practice no doubt picked up from London, so we ignored it. I normally add 10% but to have it done automatically I find objectionable, I wonder how many people don't notice and add a further 10%!!

Visited July 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Decided to treat myself to lunch on a day out at the Harbourside and opted for Bordeaux Quay as it wasn't a chain restaurant and boasted fresh, local produce.
Menu downstairs was light, just what I was looking for. After being seated outside it took over 5minutes to get the waiters attention to order a drink, by this time I'd decided on my food too and ordered everything at once. The staff seemed in no hurry whatsoever and just plodded along at their own pace despite it being a busy, sunny day.
Order wild boar salami and cheese (4.50) to nibble on whilst waiting for my main. The salami was decidedly ordinary and lacking in flavour. Presentation was abysmal. Main course was courgette flower stuffed with ricotta (11.50). It arrived in a big bowl plate, my one courgette flower on a bed of salad leaves with green beans and radish. It seemed they tried to make up for the small size of the main ingredient with a humongous amount of salad leaves. The leaves were fresh but dry and undressed, I had to ask for vinaigrette which seemed to perplex the waiter. An extra courgette flower and less salad would have made this main worth the price but as it was I thought 11.50 was overpriced for the small portion I received. Presentation again was non existent.
Once my main had been cleared I was just left to my own devices. Left, left and left some more. I wasn't offered a dessert menu and after 10 minutes a different waiter came over and asked if I wanted anything else. My appetite for dessert had disappeared in the frustrating wait so I asked for a coffee and the bill. The coffee arrived with it spilt in the saucer but no attempt was made to clear it up or offer me a napkin to do it myself. Service was poor throughout the meal, lacked any personality or attention to detail, they all just seemed to be going through the motions, clueless to what good service means. I was shocked when the bill arrived to see they had added a discretionary service charge of 12.5%. I don't mind paying service when it is deserved, but this just made me angry. If you are going to add service is has to be warranted and earned. I left cash (minus the service) which nobody was inclined to collect from me and ended up handing it to a waiter on my way out, no thank you, no goodbye.
All in all it was a disappointing experience all round. Mediocre food, poor portions and presentation and dismall service. Won't be recommending to my friends.