“lovely food, catered well for special diets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bordeaux Quay

Bordeaux Quay
Ranked #403 of 1,565 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on Bristol's Picturesque Harbourside, Bordeaux Quay is an award-winning venue with a reputation for great food and service, stylish décor and a stunning waterside location in Bristol's city centre.A restaurant, deli, brasserie, wine bar, bakery and cookery school under one roof.
Harlow, United Kingdom
“lovely food, catered well for special diets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really nice food, a seasonal menu so you get the feeling that anything you order will be at its best. The knowledgable waiting staff were able to help with a gluten free diet. Nice touches such as little blankets available for diners sitting outside if it got a little chilly.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Sorrento, Italy
“Overpriced and just not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Family birthday. My kids love chain restaurants. Ugh!, I chose the fish and chips which came with thick, soggy batter and mashed garden peas. The chips had seen better days. All for £12.50. Much better choices on the Quay. Waatch out for the 12.5% added tip, which I wouldn't have paid.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Theenglishcritic
Bath UK
“This place is badly overrated, don't be fooled by nice exterior”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been wanting to visit this restaurant for a few years now, it has always looked inviting and like a nice place for Sunday brunch or lunch. I found myself and four family members there on a Sunday lunchtime. Although alot of downstairs was empty, we were led to a small cramped and dark table, under the stairs, which was not a nice place to spend much time. We ordered two starter size mussels, one large moules et frites, one child's size fusilli and tomato sauce and one asparagus with hollondaise. When the asparagus arrived, I did actually wonder momentarily if the waitress was joking - there were about 5 sorry looking spears of asparagus, with a splat of hollondaise sauce over it. No garnish, no side salad. For which they expected £7. We sent that back. The mussels we had were the tiniest I have ever eaten, I am surprised they were even legal! The bread basket was dull, the fusilli and sauce looked to be out of a packet. The toilets were even tired, peeling paintwork and neglected looking. What a shame as I had quite high hopes. I guess maybe it is still trading on it's location and perhaps former quality? Anyway, the sorry food with some soft drinks came to £50, and they add on automatic service charge (another bug bear I am afraid). So I do not recommend this place, and I am afraid I will definitely not return. Whoever is in charge should really buck their ideas up.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank victoriafull
Bristol, United Kingdom
“spend your money somewhere better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had visited this restaurant a month ago and was not that impressed. I was meeting up with some people from work. When I learnt that we had been booked in here by one of the group, I did not suggest we change it - I now regret this! The service was really, really slow and yet they added 10% service charge (which we removed) The 4 of us ended up having the pork with sage for our main - we all found the pork was dry and chewy and the taste of sage overwhelming. When we told the waiter we all felt the dish was not of a great standard - he smiled and walked away - not great customer service ! The sweets were ok. Its the last time I will eat here however - there are lots of lovely places to eat in the centre of Bristol without the risk of having a mediocre meal here. Its a shame this restaurant is a bit hit and miss as it used to be good.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 22kat
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Standard inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a very enjoyable meal here last year but unfortunately when we returned recently, the standard had dropped considerably. The booking was later in the evening than normal ie 9pm, but this should not be any reflection on the quality. As we finished our meal the staff started packing up around us causing alot of noise and disruption. The menu selection is becoming more and more sparse and there is little variation to choose from. Lunchtime seems to be the best time to visit, as the staff seem happier. As with most restuarants, we suspect the staff were rushed off their feet and could not wait to get home. Not their fault at all - but we had choosen the venue for a birthday meal and sadly we wont be returning.

• Visited April 2013