“13 have a lucky night out”
Review of Myristica Restuarant - MOVED

Myristica Restuarant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bristol's Myristica, has set out with the aim of giving their customers 'a truly authentic flavour of Indian food'. The experience begins with the restaurant itself. Modern, sleek and good looking from the polished hard wood floors to the gleaming marble bar the interior surely wouldn't be out of place in a top Mumbai hotel. The food follows suit, beautifully presented, each dish is made to order using quality, seasonal ingredients. With traditional street food cooked with as much passion as the speciality family dishes Myristica is rewriting the Indian food rule book.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

14 of us had booked, 13 turned up but no bad luck followed, and Myristica looked after us really well. They had devised us a set meal with set price of £20 for simplicity, and it was excellent value. The poppadum and pickles appetisers were tasty and plentiful but we never learn not to eat too many, do we? The starter was not exciting but offered a selection of textures and flavours, including mussels, aubergine and a lamb burger. The main course, a lamb dish, chicken dish and potato dish to share, was hot, fresh and plentiful and full of flavour. The naan bread was fab. Indian sweets are never a joy I find, and this one reinforced my view. We were not hurried, and enjoyed our evening. In a smaller party (as we were last time I went) we could have made better menu choices but a group of 13 has to be managed differently.

Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your dining experience with us. We are all happy that in general you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited Myristica for the first time with 3 friends on Monday after discovering it on Groupon. Oh and what a pleasant surprise it was. The food was succulent, the flavours were sublime, the service impeccable and friendly. The meal was an adventure and an experience I can't wait to repeat. I think you can say I loved it.

Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kind words and positive comments it really is appreciated and we look forward to serving you again, soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Myristica offers something a little different from your average Indian restaurant. The old favourites are there of course but there are some wonderful alternatives like Baby Squid & Mussel Fry starters followed by some interesting mains like Halibut Tail Curry and Guinea Fowl Stir Fry.
The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive.
We'll certainly be going back.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your comments it really is appreciated and we are all glad you enjoyed our style of Indian cooking.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just ate there with my girlfriend. We have both lived in India and we reminisced about the authentic feel of the place (minus the cows in the streets and layer of dust/pollution common in Indian cities). The food was amazing. Just the right 'heat' and delicate balance of spices in our dishes. She had the prawns, chicken, and chocosa (a chocolate samosa); I had pakora, the chicken, and cheesecake with apricot and cinnamon topping. We both loved every bite of it. The service was great/prompt/friendly. No complaints here. I look forward to my next trip there.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My friends and I have been to Myristica on three previous occasions and have always had an excellent meal. However on the last occasion it was an 'average curry house " not the delicious Indian quinine previously experienced.
There were very mixed opinions from my friends (8 in all) with regards the rabbit starter and those of us who had the Vindaloo for main course felt that it definitely lacked substance.A couple of us felt that the chicken had not been cooked in the sauce resulting in chicken pieces with a vindaloo dressing. One friend however had a king prawn dish which was sampled by most of us, this dish was flavoursome and aromatic.
The various rice accompaniments were good and the Okra and Bombay potatoes were excellent.
The restaurant itself is also starting to feel a little tired and could do with a bit of an uplift in terms of decor. Hope this occasion was an unfortunate blip. Will go back to check it out.

Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Myristica. I am disappointed that you feel we did not meet the very high standards that we have set on this occasion, but can assure you that we will be striving very hard to ensure that every meal we serve will be as good as any we have served before.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Amit L.