“Nice setting, good food”

Pitcher & Piano - Bristol
Ranked #377 of 1,762 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A magnificent 2 floor building with a spectacular view of the Bristol Harbour Side. There is a large outside seating area perfect for eating and drinking while taking in the sites and sounds of the harbour. Serves a large range of drinks from delicious cocktails to a variety of ales. Also serves a range of food all day every day, with breakfast from 10am to late dining until 10pm.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stopped here for lunch on a Friday. It looks nice from the outside, and the decor is also nice inside. It's in a good position on the Waterfront, and has tables outside.

It was fairly quiet when we visited, but it still took quite a while for our order to be taken. I ordered two sides/starters (macaroni cheese and potato wedges) instead of a main, and my husband ordered a veggie burger. The number of vegetarian options (taking into account the sides) seemed very good. Both our meals looked good and tasted very nice.

My husband settled the bill, but I then later realised we were overcharged a little. There was supposed to be a discount for ordering 2 sides together, which we didn't receive. Since this wasn't much we let it go, but I was slightly disappointed by it.

PitcherBristol, Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for taking to give feedback on your experience. We are happy you enjoyed your food. We are very sorry that you were overcharged on your final bill. If you could get in touch via our email bristol@pitcherandpiano.com or phone 01179299652 we will look to put this right for you.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I popped in here with my friend for some dinner on a Tuesday night before we went to the hippodrome to see a show.

We had a nice time, our waitress was really friendly and recommended the burgers which were really good. I had a lamb burger which was pretty big, and the chips were really good. I had a beer as I have simple tastes, but my mate really liked her cocktails (2-4-1 at the time which was cool)

I really liked the view of the harbourside, shame it was a bit grey and miserable at the time. It was pretty busy and they could probably have done with more staff but we were still well looked after by our waitress.

Recommend for some nice drinks and some tasty food. It's not Michelin star stuff, but it's decent bar food.

Thank you for your great review! Glad you took adavantage of our offer of 2 for 1 cocktails. We run this offer Monday to Friday 5pm-8pm. Hopefully see you again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After a long journey from Edinburgh to Bristol Hotel, we walked along the Harbourside to find somewhere to eat. We were tired and hungry and picked the first decent looking place we came across - what a mistake!!

The tables were discusting, tables not cleared - the bar was piled high with dirty pots. We wiped our table the best we could and then waited for some service which we had to go and ask for. I could only see 2 waiters - it was chaos.

Then the food...............Breaded mushrooms came that were clearly either frozen or had been cooked beyond recognition. Squid was like rubber and tasted 'off' - it was sent back but the waiter clearly did not know what to do. Rest of food was vile and I told the waiter this and asked if the chef was having a bad day - again, he was flustered and just agreed to reduce bill by 20% - not great when we did not eat anything!!

Not sure if they were having staffing issues or if this is the norm but I certainly would not recommend and will not go there again. We paid, walked out and went to the local Sainsburys express to get a sandwich and a bag of crisps to take to our room - never again!

2  Thank perfectionists
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

After waiting some time at the bar with no luck I eventually asked a waitress if we could order food and drinks. The waitress saw where we sat and told us someone would soon be with us. Being a polite person it was 35 minutes before we left after asking for service, trying to make eye contact, and almost finding it funny to be so openly ignored. The place was quite grubby, tables uncleared and a bar stacked with dirty glasses. Obviously understaffed but with so many other places to choose from its not worth a visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We called in here on a busy summer's day after trekking round looking at over-sized Gromits (well worth it, by the way!) We sat on the lovely terrace overlooking the river and, after an initial long wait at the bar, were served promptly and efficiently by a charming waiter who clearly knew what he was doing. Though v busy, the food arrived within about 10 minutes and was delicious. We both had salads, but they were a bit more exciting than your usual pub lettuce-and-tomato. My mango and chicken was lovely, a good size and priced well at £8.95. Would recommend it.