“Helpful, Great Value best place in Bristol!”
Review of Goldbrick House - CLOSED

Goldbrick House
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I came in 7wks after a.gastric band and was only able.to eat mashed foods. CHEF went out of his way to make mashed foods as a graze plate..Ideal! Hot.drinks are amazing and the staff are so friendly. Even when they realisedmy fruend was visualy.impaired they went out of their way to help. 10/10!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Came for dinner on Friday. Arrived on time for table but we able to have some cocktails in the bar. Great drinks and the 2 for £8 offer was great!
After we went thoguh for dinner and orderd our food and a bottle of wine. As we ororderd off the main al la carte menu we got a free glass of champagne each! Great surprise!

The food was simply beautiful! Amazingly cooked and all the flavours were delicious!
Service was very attentive but not intrusive.

My main and rather large criticism doesnt come from the food or the service but the service charge. I have no problem paying for service charge when its been great which is was! Problem is I asked the waiter if it goes to him. He informed me that they are paid an extra 50p and hour!!! With a £9 service charge thats 18 hours they would work to make any benefit! It would appear the company gets the rewards for eveyone else's hard work and when staff who work in restaurants and work very hard and can have to deal with a lot get very little pay and the company pockets from their hard work. So I would urge people to not pay it and tip those who work hard and deserve it!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived half an hour early for our dinner booking, and enjoyed a cocktail or two during the happy hour (two for eight Pounds). Very tasty - cider Collins a bit of a star!

This place is a big, rambling town house with tables spread through the many rooms. We were given a table in an upper room, with a terrific view over the city. Orders were taken quickly by a waiter with a radio and CIA agent earpiece - well, the music was a bit louder than background music, but not enough to market it hard to converse. The starters arrived quickly, and were delicious. My slices of raw, cured sea trout were delicate and very prettily presented. The main courses took longer, and although also delicious were only luke warm when they reached us. I imagine this has something to do with the rambling nature of the place, but it would be better if hot food reached the table still hot. Deserts too were very pretty and yummy.

The food seemed very reasonably priced for he quality of the dishes. The wine was expensive, and sadly I can't really recommend the English rose fizz from Kent at £65 or so or a bottle. It tasted overly acidic, and we have had cava at €2.95 a bottle that we enjoyed more!

Overall, a very pleasant and enjoyable evening, friendly helpful staff and delicious food. I would have rated it excellent if the temperature of the hot food had been higher!

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

A private party here was great - we rented out one of the top rooms and brought in games and our own dj of sorts. Staff were friendly enough but drinks were not what you'd expect for the price really. Kooky location, good fun finding people and nice decor. We only had canapés which were largely avoided because they were rather manky (and I'm not sure if goldbrick made them or if they were bought in) so I can't comment on the actual restaurant fare.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was a bit of a false start because when we arrived they were in the middle of a power cut. The power was due back on in half an hour so we left and the restaurant called us when the power was back on.

When we returned there were clearly still issues with the power as the lights were intermittent, but we were assured that the kitchen was functioning by then, so all was well. Actually, dining by candle light was rather lovely as far as we were concerned. If we hadn't known there were issues with the lights then we wouldn't have realised, I think. To be fair to them, if they could cope under those circumstances they can cope with anything!

Staff were great, dealing with all questions and issues, and we were more than adequately compensated for the problems with the power.

The food was delicious, and enjoyed by all of our group, which is a great recommendation.