“Incredible Wedding Venue”
Review of Goldbrick House - CLOSED

Goldbrick House
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

It’s taken me a while to write this review. We got married at Goldbrick House back in August 2012 and couldn’t have had a more perfect day. We had the entire day there – ceremony, canapés, wedding breakfast and evening party. Katherine Minton their events planner was incredible, from the first meeting until the wedding day she was friendly, professional and thought of details we would have never even considered. Everyone raved about the food – not only in the day but the evening buffet too was beyond expectations. The other huge compliment came for the staff – incredibly professional, service is impeccable, from the food tasting, the wedding day, and the breakfast we popped in for a few days after the wedding! They charge no venue hire and offer so much more than many venues. Little things that other places charge through the roof were given free of charge without question. Katherine acted like a wedding planner not just for the venue but also coordinated many other things, ensuring everything arrived on time as planned. I can’t recommend Goldbrick House enough.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A friend hired a room at Goldbrick for her birthday do, and I have to say, the staff were patient and accommodating, and coped with our barrage of demands! The room was set out perfectly, and the food was especially memorable. The thought of the belly of pork that I ordered is still making my mouth water! The personalised cocktail for the birthday girl was a lovely touch and made the night extra special. Will definitely be going back to Goldbrick again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A friend held her birthday party at Goldbrick recently and they were very accommodating adding extra little touches for her special night. We had a number of vegetarians among us and they were happy to vary the menu to better suit the guests. One of a fair few events I've attended at Goldbrick and it's always a lovely evening with great service!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Goldbrick House for a 3 course meal about a year ago and my memory was of a very satisfactory experience. But having revisted last week me and my partner both left disappointed with our experience.

The expectation is that Goldbrick is going to be a classy experience. Prime location on Park Street and the interior is all pretty swanky with bar staff making decent cocktails at the bar. Before you dine your coats are taken from you at the reception area for the dining room.

Unfortuantely the quality of food does not match up to the friendly and attentive staff or the pleasant dining room.

On viewing, the a la carte menu looks impressive. It has the look of something you'd see at a top end restaurant and the prices match that expectation. I started with the pheasant and then had monkfish scampi. Both lacked taste and were poorly presented. The pheasant was fatty and came out barely warm.

The monkfish scampi with chips came out piping hot but seriously lacked in taste and the monkfish was over done and appeared to be of quite poor quality. For £16 it was a major disappointment, in all honesty I ate it wishing I'd gone to my local chippy (a very good one to be fair) and paid £6 for fish and chips.

My partner had the skate wing which was over done.

There seemed to be no consistency in what was coming out and we didn't stay for dessert. In short, I feel the cookery on display is not of a high quality nor were the ingredients used.

There are much better restaurants in Bristol offering a similar menu at similar prices or less than Goldbrick. A real shame as the setting and staff deserve much better.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Attended a friend's birthday at this great venue. The food was amazing, the service was great and being in a private room was excellent. Would thoroughly recommend!