“We will be returning”
Review of Goldbrick House - CLOSED

Goldbrick House
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was our first visit to this restaurant but it will not be our last. We went with friends and we all opted for either either 2 courses or three for a set price. The waiting staff were friendly and gave excellent service. Our waiter got our order wrong but was so apolegetic and corrected his mistake immediately and didn't charge for our drinks. The food was excellent well presented and very tasty. The atmosphere was relaxed we had a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Susan P

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Goldbrick is located across several floors, each with their own distinct flavour. A typical city centre venue, with city centre prices. It's a good place to meet friends for a drink.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were presented with the menus. The typeface was so small that I could not read it.I asked for the lighting to be turned up but the waitress refused at first but later did turn it up and then brought a menu in larger type. The wine list was a similar experience except no larger typeface version was produced. I do have onset of cataracts but can still drive.
This experience was belittling in front of important guests and a new boyfriend of my daughter.
The food was only passable for the first course with the beetroot of the beetroot salad very hard and seemingly uncooked.
The main dish was excellent scallops. Pudding unexceptional.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I haved visited Goldbrick on numerous occaisons.... with the girls for girlie lunches, with my husband for intimate dinners and as a group with firends. It is ideal for all. There is a great cocktail bar upstairs. The clientele is varied and its the sort of place you can dress up, still feel glamorous rather than old and out of place with the younger set.

1  Thank MrsTinckles
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived for an early bird menu special. Absolute bargain, the food was beautiful. We had 3 courses for £13 each and I would easily pay double that. Superb service and food, recommend it to anyone!