“Gone downhill....”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I used to love the restaurant on Whiteladies, so thought I would try the one on Cotham Hill. After looking on the website and seeing it was buy one get one free on Mondays we decided to go for that. The waitress appeared from the kitchen after we had seated ourselves and chosen our pizzas. She then informed us that buy one get one free was only at Gloucester Road! Despite my protests that as it was advertised they should honour it, we ended up paying full price. The pizzas are ok but not worth the full menu price. I complained by email after my visit regarding the falsely advertised offer and had no reply. They have now taken the offer off the website and I have contacted them again regarding my issues....still no response. Poor customer service and average pizza...go somewhere else!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Eating here was 'okay' I would say. The Pizza's werent bad but at the same time were not great! I think you would be better off grabbing a take away and staying at home.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The other, better half and I ate here mid-week.

Set as it is, on the cusp of Whiteladies Road and Cotham Brow, this small cafe-like-restaurant doesn't amaze, at first glance. Indeed, you would be forgiven for walking past and trying the food at one of the flashier, more obviously restaurant-orientated venues. Yes. You would be forgiven. But you would also be utterly wrong.

The pizza here is excellent. Thin and crispy, and finished to our exacting specifications (luckily we are both fans of anchovies...), one pizza was more than enough for two, though we also ordered a goats cheese salad...

This is the mother of all salads. Creamy goats cheese served on a bed of greens, with roast onion relish, baby tomatoes and a nicely balsamic dressing. Utterly delicious!

We ate our complete fill by sharing these two main courses, and exchanged less than £25 for the privelidge. Utterly, utterly wonderful food for the money. Go, and enjoy!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stopped for lunch after sampling the pizza at street fair on Sunday. Pizza is out of this world. The server was the best; super friendly n helpful. Certainly would return when in Bristol!!!

1  Thank RetireeBrunswick_Ga
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Always loved Planet Pizza, great deals, good quality ingredients and nice salads. Whiteladies Rd and Cotham Hill have always been amazing, nothing is ever too much trouble to the staff there but the Gloucester Rd restaurant is totally different and seems to have an incredibly grumpy chef there who comes across as a bit rude and unwilling to even make some garlic mayo, the waitresses in turn, only will offer garlic butter, as if I am going to dip my chips in that??!! This keeps happening and as a result I will only ever go to the Cotham HIll restaurant and totally boycott Gloucester Road which is a shame as I am closer to Gloucester Rd : (

2  Thank tripitaka G