“Another Lovely Evening”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had a lovely evening meal at Las Iguanas in Clifton, Bristol. We just tried the new menu that they introduced a few weeks ago. The FEIJOADA DE PUERCO was very nice and compares well with the authentic taste of Brazil.

The staff were and always have been very friendly. In particular for this visit, Jimmy and Gabriel were very welcoming and cheerful. We've been coming to this restaurant for many years.

Our real favourite are the Steak Fajitas which are always cooked to perfection. I can also recommend the Cassava Fries which are really tasty. The dessert Tres Leches is very nice too.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

What makes a good restaurant and bar? For me one that you can spread out and chillax in without being pushed around and feel under pressure. This is exactly what Las Iguanas does - lovely sofa and spread out and enjoy a cocktail without any hassle of falling over people. Not only that but for once we have a manager that has a brain - if you have a big meal and visit regularly then every now and then they throw in a freebie. That is what sticks in my memory - when was the last time someone gave you something for free in a restaurant/bar - 1993? That was mine..

The food tapas is very good and quick to serve so ideal if you are on a work time lunch hour or quick snack again ideal. We thought it was all very good and 2for1 cocktails do go down nicely! Maybe with the tapas start small and build up they are very filling... all in all Okdokey and lovelyjubbly..

By the way if you are into Brazilian Bossa/Samba music they had some interesting cds playing...

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Last Saturday me and some girlfriends decided to check out what all the fuss is about and as iguanas virgins decided to go for the cosier looking Clifton restaurant.

When I said cosy I meant heaving, the place was rammed and all the staff were on full throttle. We hadnt made a reservation and had to wait a 45 (told 30) minutes for the table. This would have been annoying had the two barmen not kept us entertained with among other things their cocktail skills and of course never thirsty!! FYI iguana Cosmo=lush

I went for the fajitas which I couldn't fault, I tried some of my friends prawn and squash dish which was delish! I only wish I was more adventurous with my ordering.
The service was what one could expect on such a night, but I never got to know my waitresses name, which is something I like.

The best thing for me was the genuine friendliness of the staff from the manager down, like the bar guys taking the time to wish us a "lovely night" on the way out.
Fab!!'

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been going to Las Iguanas in Clifton for almost ten years now. The quality of the food (and the caipirinhas!), the friendliness of the staff and the atmosphere make it the first place I always head to when I'm back in Bristol. Whether it's a date or with a group of friends, LI is perfect. Recommend!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After an enjoyable meal with friends today, 10 February 2013, we ordered some cappuccinos. To our amazement these arrived in drinks glasses with no handle (as opposed to proper cups...) together with wooden stirrers (as opposed to proper spoons...). All this might be acceptable at a takeaway coffee place or snack bar, but in a restaurant? Indeed we gathered that these wooden stirrer things are now company policy. How very sad. Is this really the way ahead, Las Iguanas? It certainly didn't meet with our approval. I hasten to add that our waitress, Carmen, was absolutely excellent and made our visit special.

1  Thank Martyn P
Katrina60, Guest Relations Manager at Las Iguanas - Clifton, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank-you very much for your feedback about your visit to Clifton at the weekend – I am sorry that everything was not up to your expectations

The new glassware for coffee and the wooden stirrers is something that we have been trialing , but based on the feedback we have received we are reverting back to crockery and spoons with immediate effect

Having spoken with our Operations Manager, Im glad to hear that this has been met with your approval and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Katrina