“Very classy but the food is excellent”
Review of Riverstation

Riverstation
Ranked #82 of 1,851 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got married here Sept 2013 so we've come back for an anniversary dinner or two since and they never disappoint. The service is excellent and the food, oh my god, it's so good. I can be quite skeptic all about restaurants that use a lot of ingredients I wouldn't carry at home but I know, no matter what I choose at the Riverstation, it'll be divine, and it's all locally sourced too.

One of my favourite places. Pricey, but I wish I could afford to go more often.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We have spotted it during our cruise and after reading its reviews we decided to visit it.

(+) great location at the river, if the weather is nice grab a table outside
(+) service was professional, quick and polite
(+) food is of high quality reasonable priced.
(-) toilets need refurbishment as they were smelly and old

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I have enjoyed lunch on many occasions in this restaurant and the standard is always very high. Last week we were fortunate enough to get a window table with good views out over the water and very much enjoyed a very tasty lunch with special mention for the heritage tomato starter and the risotto. The service was friendly and prompt. The architecture of this building is quite stunning but it is about time for the "common areas" to have an update as the stairs and entrance area are not quite as pristine as they were a few years ago.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I cannot praise the River station enough. From the online table reservation, to the staff, the location, the service, the great views, the wine list, the fantastic value for money and last but oh my word not least, THE FOOD, River station is a gem of a find. We met old friends for lunch; the menu changes regularly based on what is fresh and available. There is a set my ch of 3 chouces per course and options of two courses for £15 or 3 courses for £19. No that is not a typo, 2 for 15 and 3 for 19! We had boquaneros - funky vinaigrette anchovies that you usually cannot find done well outside of a very good tapas bar..... and now here! Also mozzarella and heritage toms - plentiful and beautifully presented and palma ham and orange and feta salad - so good I declined to let anyone else taste it! Mains were hake on crushed potatoes with spinach, an amazing pea and vegetable risotto which was thick and unctuous and very very yummy and pork loin and pearl barley and roast veg. All of which were hefty portions and we had been warned by the waitress that often people ordered 3 coyrses but then had to stop at two! Desserts were amazing. An beautiful and light frangipane with morello cherries - freshly baked, a gorgeous elderflower panna cotta and a chocolate brownie which we didn't have because I went 'off piste' an had poached apple sorbet (I know, apple! It was amazing!) and a cardomom shortbread which was from the main menu that was available in ADDITION to all this loveliness!
Honestly, it was the best lunch, we ate on the 1st floor at the best table, overlooking the river and we couldn't have made it better if we had tried. The bill? £75 for 3 courses for 4 of us!

I offer this review in the hope that you'll dine there and enjoy it as much as we did- but not too many of you please as we're coming back to Bristol soon, just to eat there!

Reviewed August 12, 2017

The food was excellent and the quality of the service was brilliant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.