“Went in for a cup of coffee”
Review of The Arc Cafe

The Arc Cafe
Ranked #522 of 1,946 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Soups
Description: The Arc Cafe provides fresh food daily, ranging from sandwiches and Panini's to specials including Thai soups and Spanish Stews. Aromatic coffee with cakes baked on the premises in a calm and relaxing environment. The Cafe is staffed by trained volunteers who are in recovery and committed to rebuilding their lives as positive members of the community.
Reviewed February 22, 2019

I almost fancied something to eat but when I saw the server lean down on the counter to take an order and breathe all over the cake in front of him and where customers could also cough over them, decided against it.
With my usual misgivings almost confirmed
I decide to order a coffee, I was told he'd bring it over. I took a couple of photos before I sat down when coffee arrived and I was directed to a table to drink it.
Oh my! Why don't workers open their eyes and do the job! The table had crumbs sprinkled on it, there was an empty Coke can among the centrebits - Oh misgivings! The 'coffee' was off white milky water and tasted like it, five straws of sugar didn't help much and my wife has told me to stop complaining so I left over a third and walked out, never to return.
I had thought to chance a lunch there ho ho ho!
Coffee was bad enough and the smell of lunch
had already tipped the scales against.
Words fail at such a cluster made by so many 'eating' places.

Date of visit: February 2019
3  Thank BodieG

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Whilst this is an unusual place and a little hard to find it is well worth the effort. It is actually positioned by/under St. Mary Redcliffe Church and is well signed once in the vicinity. We have visited previously but on this occassion it was just for drinks ,hot chocolate and latte, which were perfect. Really nice welcome on arrival and good friendly service. This cafe is well worth a visit and serves reasonably priced drinks and food.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank Tone_1950
Reviewed June 25, 2018

called in with a friend to this lovely tranquil place for refreshments at around 11 am

It is off the beaten track and hidden but is a good find and good value for money

Currently open Mondays to Fridays from 0800 is o 1500 weekdays only

Very good value for money

Tables nicely set out - order and pay at the counter and they bring the drinks to you

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I think it’s run by volunteers for the church (it is under St Mary Redcliffe). Reasonable selection of food and drinks and with a bacon roll and drink at £3.50 for early morning it is a good way to start the day.

Could do with a better selection of cakes.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank KMR139
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Was looking for somewhere different to go in my lunch hour a couple of weeks ago and found the Arc Cafe in the under-croft of St Mary Redcliffe Church. I understand that all or most of the staff are people recovering from one form of addiction or another. My jacket potato was backed to the point that the skin was nicely crisp (how I like them), and the chilli had a nice kick to it. A lovely slice of lemon drizzle cake followed, and all was washed down with a really good cappuccino

Date of visit: November 2017