I will start out by stating that I only used the spa and pool, we did not stay in the hotel.
We booked a spa day for 2 through last minute.com. We booked for a 25 minute back massage, afternoon tea and use of the pool and facilities.
The spa is so lovely, can't rate it highly enough to be honest. We were the only ones there as it was a weekday and they couldn't do enough for us. The staff were so friendly and as we were the only ones in the offered us further treatments at 30% discount which was great value so we added some extra treats to our spa experience.
The two therapists we had were excellent, I had Jodie and she was brilliant. She was so professional and her massage was one of the best I've ever had. Being heavily pregnant I was concerned about going for a massage but she made me very comfortable and the spa has an excellent mum to be package which was a really refreshing change as most other spas in the area couldn't accommodate me due to being pregnant.
The hotel afternoon tea was lovely, really enjoyed that and the staff were great.
Only criticism of the hotel is that the pool was closed for cleaning when we got there despite them saying it was open. We had the pool to ourselves mostly but it was not too peaceful when a group of men came in and we had to listen to them shouting and swearing for over an hour. It was great when they left but as there are no staff or lifeguards around no-one was there to do anything.
Overall a great day and great value, next time I think we will just stick with the spa and not bother with the pool at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol