We had a weekend break at this hotel in April, at the beginning it did not look good. After checking in we went to our room onthe fourth floor to be greeted by a wack of warmth air, the "I can't breath type", so off down to reception after checking the air con did not work. They agreed to change our room no problem, moved us to another room and gave us two fans, which was really helpful. After unpacking we went down for a bar lunch off club sandwich, fries and oils with bread, fantastic food! Full and ready for a chill, went went to the spa for our pedicures. Although you have to cross a car park, the walk wa well worth it, the girls in the spa were very down to earth and made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. Excellent service. After a qucik nap, we all booked into the hotel restaraunt for a meal, this was first class, not cheap, but first class, and we chose in the end from the fixed menu for £17.00, very reasonable! My wife, daughter and her boyfriend enjoyed the fresh made bread
on offer, was not to my liking but, but they really enjoyed it. We ordered a steak, lamb pie, soul, and a burger, all were excellent and with plenty for all. After a full tummy we all turned in, the pillows were not good and the bed was hard, however the housekeeping soon put that right bu bringing up a spare pillow and extra duvets for us to put under the matress, which to us was the only let down of the weekend, the bedmust be comfortable and soft! Too hard. The dya aftyer we ate breakfast in our room, full english, again first class food.
A taxi in the City for some shopping and sight seeing , the cab driver was friendly and charge dus a reasonable fare. Later we caught a cab back to the hotel, and again the driver was very good. At night we ventured out to a local Indian restaurant, had a few beers were good, a cab back and again a good driver, well done to all the drivers of The Yellow cab company for a job well done to all. At check out the staff were efficient and polite. I have to say that all teh staff here were excellent, but the housekeeping lady was a different level, very helpful and understanding, nothing was too much for her. Now the million dollar question, would we stay here again? NO, not until you change the beds and get some decent beds in, the matress was too thin and you could feel all the lumos and buttons! Apart from that you are lucky to havr such great staff. a nice break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol