Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,818 results
All reviewsswimming poolseparate buildingprivilege roomcity centrehen partiesoffice blocktwo double bedstrouser pressgood sizeper nightan upgradefamily roomcar parkingsunday morningcoffee machinestayed here for one nightbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay in this hotel. The room was of a good size, well fitted and modern with a very efficient air conditioning/heating system; everything was very clean with loads of extra towels. Food was excellent, especially the breakfast (although as other reviewers mentioned not cheap). The hotel is well placed for central Bristol, with the pretty waterfront, the Shed museum and the SS Great Britain also close by (try the water buses also for easy transport - a stop is close to the hotel). The hotel's most outstanding feature was its staff. Not one negative experience - with all attentive and friendly - and with Christina's service in the dining room (especially with our 4 year old) amongst the best we have ever received. If we have one negative comment it was the closure of the pool for much of Monday (when we were hoping to use it). However we really enjoyed our time here and will certainly stay again if we return to Bristol.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room facing the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Zowie O, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

It's fantastic enouragement when staff have their names mentioned - I'm really happy Christina helped make your stay great! I shall certainly be passing on these lovely comments to her.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip to Bristol. Everything was good and as you should expect from this chain of hotels. Easy walk from the rail station. The breakfast was very good with a buffet and a la carte. I recommend the Eggs Benedict!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedaback! When you visit Bristol again in the future, please do remember to stay with us again - think Eggs Benedict!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay in many hotels for my job around the country.

I found the quality of the rooms, and cleanliness to be less than a Jury's Inn or Premier Travel lodge. This hotel is supposed to be 4 star. I found plates and used glasses in the hallway outside my room and these were still there three hours after i had arrived. My bedroom was dated in decor.

The restaurant was expensive and the portions for the price excessive.

The hotel is some walk away from any other amenity, and perhaps this is means their attention to detail and food is not so good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your comments, I most disappointed that you found the corridors in the condition you described and do apologise for this. I am very disappointed that the our restaurant did not meet your taste, though we do have a new menu this month! We are only 2 minutes walk from the nearest dining out area, there are plenty of places to choose from.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Friendly staff, but an expensive place to stay. Wasn't expecting £12 to park at a hotel I'd paid £105 to stay at.
Breakfast was good, plenty to choose from and well presented and offered refills of my coffee twice, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am really delighted to see that you noticed the little things! Attention to detail is very important to us with customer service.
With parking, it is quite a normal procedure in city hotels, but we do keep your vehicle safe!
Please do visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Exterior of the hotel is not great but inside it is excellent. Reception & bar area are large and comfortable. Room was spacious, clean, modern and had all expected facilities. Restaurant food was amazing, great value from the 3 course for £18 menu plus I was given a voucher for a free large glass of wine on check in. I've been staying in a variety of Bristol hotels for work this past 6 months and this one definitely ranks towards the top!

Only tip is not to check in too late as I'm not sure there would be a parking space. I got there at 7.30pm in their large car park and had to use the last available space.

• Stayed: March 2013

If I were to personally choose something that I like about the hotel it would be the look of the building outside - because as soon as you enter you get a surprise! Thank you for your lovely encouraging comments, I shall cetainly pass these on to the staff!