“Nice Hotel, Good Locatiom” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa

Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel, Good Locatiom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a 2 nights in March 2013 with my partner to celebrate his birthday, the rooms were comfortable and a good size, tea & coffee facilities were provided as standard but only one biscuit which was rather disappointing. The hotel is directly opposite St Mary Redcliffe Church, make time to visit the church which is really beautiful inside and well worth the effort, they have a wonderful group of bell ringers too. The hotel staff and restaurant were friendly and pleasant, although the wine prices were very high. Overall the hotel is comfortable but not great, I requested a basket of fruit in the room for my partner on arrival, in fact we got a plate of sliced fuit left on the dressing table and it needed to be eaten rather quickly! The location is good, easy access to the city center, train station and good restaurants close by, I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Zowie O, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with Mercure - I do hope we can welcome you back again! That's great that you had time to visit St Mary Redcliffe Church, we are very fortunate to be next to such beautiful architecture!
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lovely stay. Quiet and comfortable just what we needed for our 4 day break in Bristol, well done everyone at the Mercure. We'll be back, but more milk, tea etc in our room would've been nice - good job we brought some with us!
Love the pool and abundance of decent towels, thank you to all the staff throughout.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback, once passed on to the staff I'm sure it will give them great encouragement! And next time - more tea and milk! (even though that should have not been a problem so we do apologise for that!)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions. Good hotel and great location.
A very scenic 10 minute walk into town.
Rooms are spotless and comfortable with just one gripe the lighting. Small lights by the bed,entrance and mirror in my opinion are insufficient to light the room. They could do with a central ceiling mounted light.
Breakfast is really very good, plenty of it and plenty of choice.
My only real complaint is the price of the drinks at the bar. You're better off walking just round the corner to a cracking little bar called the Golden Guinea.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your continuing loyalty with us! Next time you stay we will be more than happy to provide you with a little extra light - just contact reception!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel is in a great place to explore Bristol. We got away for my wife's birthday and enjoyed it very much. The service was very good, and we were kept away from the noisy lift and reception area. The staff were excellent and I'd recommend the place for a mid-range city break hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the reception/lift area as it's noisy at times.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that you chose our hotel for your wife's birthday! Thank you very much for recommending us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel very comfortable. I did notice how cold I felt on return to my room, which I believe is due to the removal of my door key from the power slot. I had to heat the room for an hour before dining and again on return later. I think this is the norm when temperatures outside are near freezing. I had no problem parking each evening. It took half an hour to get out of Bristol to my destination but took a hour to get back to the hotel due to the traffic congestion around 5:30pm. Bed was comfortable although sleeping away from home does not come easy. Finally a toaster on the breakfast room that actually puts some colour on the bread... Thanks for that! Breakfast and meals were good in general and it was a short walk into town to see what Bristol had to offer. In general, I will definitely stop he again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zowie O, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Next time you visit we can give you two room key cards - one as access to your room and one to keep in the electricity slot to keep your air conditioning going!
Bristol can be very busy around 5.30pm - it's the one way system!

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here as I couldn't get into my usual hotel the Bristol. I was recommended to ask for a room away from reception and the lifts as it can be noisy and my request was kindly accommodated. My double room was fine for one person and was clean etc on arrival. However I was very disappointed that when returned to my room late on the second night, the bed clothes had just been thrown on the bed and the cups, glasses had been left dirty and tea etc not replenished. I found the reception and breakfast staff very welcoming and efficient. The breakfast was excellent. Mercure, if you put right your room cleaning staff, my impression would have been excellent all round. The hotel is approx a 10 min walk from the offices near Harbourside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at Mercure - your feedback is very important to us and I am very glad you were able to try our hotel for a change! I am disappointed to hear that your room was not cleaned sufficiently and I have passed on these important comments to our Housekeeping contractors.
I'd be delighted to welcome you back to Mercure in the near future
Kind Regards
Halesowen Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Simply nothing to fault. Everthing we expereinced was first class. Room we stayed was excellent. We used the swimming pool which was very good. £12 for the car park, but was secures parking so not to bad. Would most certaintly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your great feedback - I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure in the future!