A very busy hotel, not too hot on personal service, and everyone seemed to be 'on the run' but for a one night-er it provides all you need for a quick visit to the city especially if you're wanting to do the tourist trail in the docks area, as it's just a very short walk to the waterfront.
Don't be put off by its external design, which makes it look rather uninviting, as internally it's nicely styled and presented.
Can't comment on the restaurant facilities as we were room only, but the accommodation standard was excellent. We were there on a special Accor loyalty card offer, two rooms for just over £100 which represented great value, especially as we were upgraded to superior rooms which were both huge, one of which had a great view towards the docks and city (the other overlooked the car park which was not so great).
Speaking of the carpark, it's a considerable size - but chaotic, and should be supervised a little more closely to prevent inconsiderate parking. But at least it does have one! Most hotels in the area don't.
My only gripe, and one that the hotel can't control, was the noise from the pub alongside, and being a Saturday night, it was extreme with late revellers and a punch-up thrown in for extra entertainment in the early hours. So ask for a room the other side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol