We stayed at the Mercure Bristol for one night in October 2012, to see a gig at Colston Hall.
It was a very comfortable room, with everything you'd expect - but also the most amazingly comfortable chairs!
The staff were very friendly, and the food at breakfast was excellent - very fresh and a wide choice.
My only criticisms were that the room only had a shower, which I usually only expect in London at the price we paid. When I asked about this at reception, I was told that only some rooms on that wing have baths, and that we needed to specify we wanted a bath when we booked?? Never heard that before.
Also, the parking at the hotel is very expensive, considering you can park for half the price just across the road. I suppose it's down to how safe you think the other car park is, but it was OK for us.
It was a confusing walk into the centre of town, so don't take it for granted that you will easily stroll back to the hotel after a night out. Make sure you know the route.
We would consider going back again, but probably only if the hotel was making a special offer ... and would definitely remember to ask for a room with a bath :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol