“The Belgrave, Clifton, Bristol” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Belgrave

The Belgrave
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
The Belgrave
Ranked #18 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“The Belgrave, Clifton, Bristol”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Totally new to Bristol, I rang up the Belgrave for a place to stay whilst I looked for permanent accommodation. The owners were absolutely charming and able to provide me with a comfortable, clean room at very short notice. Overlooking Clifton Down, the hotel has fantastic views (especially in the snowy weather I encountered!) Breakfast is served to a table in your room at a time of your choice and I found the food to be fresh and delicious. It was my first experience of Bristolians and Clifton and I will never forget it! Highly recommended as a place that provides fantastic service, comfort, and hospitality!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank CharlieRobertGreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a great place to rest your head if you are visiting friends who are at the uni or just live in the area. Close to Clifton, easy to find and and a short walk from Whiteladies Road, the zoo and lovely bars and restaurants. It is exactly what it says on the tin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carys A
Plymouth, Devon, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very convenient for the Spire Hospital where I had to be by 7.00 am the next day, also close to the Whiteladies Rd one of Bristol's premier shopping areas. The one night we stayed here was comfortable and relaxed and nothing was too much trouble for Kay. We would have no problem with staying here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have just left The Belgrave after our third stay since 2008. We come from Australia to Bristol to visit friends quite regularly. The booking from Australia is seamless and the welcome from Kaye and Mike makes 21 hours in the air bearable. The room is more like a suite, impeccably clean and with lounge chairs for added comfort. The best part of the day is breakfast delivered to the room by Kaye and Mike hot delicious and always on time. Please don't come in May because we are coming back and want Kaye and Mike to our selves. P & C T Victoria Australia

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CMMST
La Brede, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Last Sunday we finally got our plans organised for Christmas and decided to stay in a B&B in Bristol so we could visit my other half's family while still benefiting from some privacy. I therefore emailed The Belgrave to book a room. I was asked to call on Monday evening after 6pm to confirm with our credit card details. We had some visitors on Monday night, so I sent another email to Kay asking when I could call her since I was unable to do so the night before. Mike then replied to my email saying 'I am sorry but the room you inquired after has now been booked'. I was terribly shocked as I did keep in touch saying we wanted to confirm the room,so when I informed him of this I got the following reply: 'Hi Nathalie, Kay is waiting for card details from another couple, If you can telephone ASAP she will sort you out'.
So after my initial shock, this was another one... so if I called right now I could have the room and leave the other people in the mess. I didn't think it fair at all, though I still decided to call. And now I'm even more glad not to stay there. Kay was very patronizing and said: 'Oh Nathalie, you've been messing be about. (?!?) Lovey if you had called 2 weeks ago with your credit card details it would all have been sorted'. Since we hadn't known until Sunday what the plan was for Christmas, there was no way I could have done that so far in advance. I was so upset of the way she had spoken to me (I never had such problems booking a B&B before and we stay in them about 5/6 times a year) that I decided on booking the Future Inn in Bristol instead. At least I won't be speaking to this way even though we always prefer the homey feeling of a B&B. Shame the one we have used in Clifton before doesn't open over the holidays.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Natring
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in July and it was absolutely wonderful. Kay, the landlady, was incredibly sweet and helpful, and the room was amazing. The atmosphere and decor were really nice and the beds were very comfy. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

A beautiful house run by amazing people! they are so friendly and give you plenty of tips on where to go and places to eat. you have a beautiful balcony/garden that looks out onto the city. I stayed there to go to bristol old vic theatre school. it is the perfect place to stay! it is 5 mins walk from the theatre school. mike walked me down so i knew where it was. and further down the road is bristol zoo! If you are goin for an audition or anything else at the old vic it is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple