“Great little hotel in a very useful location”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my family for my graduation in the heat wave of July. I found the room very spacious and comfortable.

There was also little noise at night which was brill. The breakfast was hearty and the staff were very accommodating, fetching us an ice bucket and champagne flutes on request.

Excellent central location in Bristol close to all touristy areas.

Would definitely recommend

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Thedayman

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Room basic but clean. Down in Bristol for a conference and all 5 staff colleagues had the same complaint. We put out a do not disturb sign on the door but did not stop the main knocking 3 times after 9. She just glared at me when I asked her if she couldn't read! That was the second time....only found out when I left that my colleagues had the same complaint

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

A1 in every way food room service. Can't fault this place I will most definitely come back here again when back in that area I travel a lot so I know what in talking about when it comes to service. Loads of nice little bars around there aswell to make it even better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and can't complain. Clean sheets and towels every day, very attentive staff who can't do enough to help you!
Breakfast is nice, very small noisy room and the food constantly needs replenishing but I guess that means it's always fresh!
Would stay again without a doubt

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank London2018LK
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Clean, comfortable, good central and safe location, good value. have stayed here a few times and you know what you are going to get...although this time there was refurb going on in the lobby which wast mentioned when booking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear JFH123, Thank you for you comments and I pleased to find that you stay with us was again enjoyable and to the standard provided was equal to that you have come expect. I can confirm that our renovations to the public area are completed, and I look forward to welcoming you to a business as usual experience the next time you visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked this hotel due to the closeness to the clubs, can't complain except for the 5 bouncers on the doors in the morning that doesn't make it very appealing. And the toilets can be heard from everyone in the room. Wasn't what I expected for £95

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Bazzer94, I much appreciate your comments posted about your stay with us on New Years Eve. It is true that we provide a security service for the benefit of our guests over the weekends and on special occasions such as New Years. However, we do not employ a team of such size. Therefore to find so many security guards manning our main entrance on the night in question is a mystery to me. We at the Ibis Bristol Centre, take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and please understand that our security detail is in place for your benefit. With regards to the rest of your stay, I am happy to find that for the most, we met your expectations, and the team and I would look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The reception and restaurant were being refurbished during our stay so that there was some disruption in the lobby.This was not mentioned either on booking or on arrival.
Our room was on the small side.We had booked a twin room but were given a room with a double bed.The bathroom had an unpleasant smell.
Staff were friendly enough although there was a lack of organisation in general.
The situation of the hotel is good and convenient for the centre of Bristol.
We are unlikely to return here.
Disappointing stay in this particular hotel Ibis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anacarlo, I have written you a message. Please respond so that we can discuss the matter in further detail.