“great stay”

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Brighton
“great stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

All of the staff were great, the room the best I have stayed in,the one thing wrong was the housekeeping,there was no rubbish bin in the room so I tied up my rubbish in a carrierbag but it stayed along with my daily rubbish for days

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, UK
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I decided to treat myself to a stay at the IBIS in central Bristol and it was excellent.

The new beds are wonderful, the shower room/cubcle is surprisingly spacious, funky and effective. The rooms are quiet, well appointed and clean.

In fact the only problem I have with the IBIS is the price. I booked long in advance and paid £50 per night, but the room rate on the door went from £72 to a whopping £85 per night! I cannot understand how IBIS can justify such a rate for what is in reality a basic, clean room.

Still, the location was great and you can either park at £15 per day in Millenium or simply use the Travelodge (but in reality public) car park nearby for just £7.50 a day. Little tip for you there.

I loved the stay and found the staff friendly. However, I didn't take breakfast there and chose to eat out. The food didn't look particulalarly worth the money. But then I don't think they are geared up for that sort of thing. In short, great hotel... eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book in advance. Long in advance, you'll appreciate the savings!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RobLeather
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had read reviews about noise and bad beds, but were pleasantly surprised at the site of new beds and sound proofing! We had a good nights sleep and when we asked for another pillow it was taken to our room whilst we were out. Great service! We had a group of young girls next door which we were slightly worried about due to hearing loud noise when they opened there door and we walked past, but in the room we could not hear a thing! Great staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Breakfast very poor for size of hotel. Very difficult to find, and car parks difficult to find, as all the routes look the same.
Beds very comfortable, and plenty of milks etc for teas. Showers very small, not for big people. Step from bathroom into bedroom, not ideal, and floors slippery

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. We have taken note of your comments. Rest assured that these will be addressed.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the way to Glastonbury and even through we arrived really late the reception staff were really helpful and friendly. The rooms where really clean and tidy and we difficult have any problems with noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad that my team made your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you back ion our hotel on your next visit to Bristol.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The reason it doesn't get a five star is because it's so basic, but a room in ibis has everything you need. Nice big and comfortable bed, full length mirror, kettle, movies to rent, etc. I also had soe room service which was lovely and delicious and inexpensive. It's not the first time I've stayed in Ibis, wont be the last, they're a great budget hotel I feel I can really rely on. We had an early flight from Bristol airport and wanted to make sure we got there on time. If you're looking to stay here for the same reason, maybe try premier inn in cribbs causeway. Also a lovely, basic hotel I enjoyed but a lot closer to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our hote and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

north east
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights last month. Had some trouble finding car park, asked for directions in reception, lady on front desk extremely rude, misheard what she said asked her to repeat it, at this she walked away in a mood and served the next customer. Man at front desk very polite and gave us clear instructions. Room clean, excellent location. Bar staff friendly very nice. Food disgusting!! do not eat here!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hartlepoolNorthEast
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments.