“Convenient for City Centre and Hippodrome”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel for city centre break. Also convenient for University. I visited with my friend to see Oliver at the Hippodrome. We used public transport and were able to walk everywhere. Breakfast was excellent - food fresh and plentiful, pleasant atmosphere. Room was a twin - quite small and disabled bathroom which was clean. Very comfy new beds. Lovely view of the cathedral. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

999 - 1,005 of 1,531 reviews

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The second time I've stayed at the Ibis..and its always been without fault.For £33 for a double room for one night you are not going to get luxury but at that price you'd you shouldn't expect it.What you do get though is..helpful and friendly staff who will tell you the best place to park the car..you get a room that is clean, warm quiet and spacious enough..and you will get a bed that is so comfortable that you'll wish that all hotels could use the same beds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Well positioned hotel. The room was at the end of a very long corridor and of a standard you expect from a budget hotel . There was a leaflet on the bed promoting it as the new ultimate comfort bed and I wasn’t disappointed and enjoyed 2 very good nights sleep. Bathroom is housed in a small plastic pod, but was clean and perfectly functional. The only niggle was the nasty cheap toilet paper. The room, bedding and towels were spotlessly clean.

The work area in the room is little more than a window sill. Wifi is available – at a price £4 for 1 hour, £9 for 3 hours and worth noting that you pay for time not for data usage. If you need wifi you’ll be better off buying a pay-as-you-go dongle. The charges levied by hotels for wifi is completely unjustified when for the price of a cup of coffee (considerably less than price of a hotel room) you can get access to free wifi in most coffee shops.

The tv offers only a very limited number of channels. Local BBC was tuned into wrong region, i mentioned this to reception staff who simply shrugged their shoulders and said they’d let maintenance know.

The rate I paid included “free breakfast” but had I paid the usual £7.95 charge I’d have felt cheated. The selection was limited, low quality cheap catering brands used. The cooked breakfast was luke warm rather than hot and the scrambled eggs a solid block. The “fresh” fruit juice has a very strange taste and wasn’t fresh. If you can’t get a “free breakfast” deal give breakfast at the hotel a miss there are plenty of other places within a few minutes walk where you can get a better quality breakfast for less than £7.95.

The staff are efficient but are cold and not very welcoming. They stick to a script , say the right things but there is no sincerity or eye contact.

Based on the price and location, a clean and comfortable hotel. Don’t expect any frills or a warm and friendly welcome. Remember to pack a pay-as-you-go dongle and some soft toilet paper !

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel away from the bars and restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night. On arrival I was greeted by a receptionist who I found to be very rude. She asked for my name and ref number after providing them she then repeated back the wrong ref to me. So I repeated it slower which she promptly ignored. All she was interested in was telling me the check in time was 12. I had called 3 times previously to book an early check in and was told it was on my booking. She refused to listen to me and gave me an attitude that was she wasn't interested in what I was saying. After looking at my booking she found it on there. We then went upto our room which was tiny, tv less than 3 foot from the end of the bed. Bathroom was good, nice shower. We also went down to get a drink in the evening and asked to pay our bill so in the morning we could just leave. We were asked to wait 5 minutes as the receptionist was busy. We stood and waited while she went into the office and cashed up/chatted in the back room. After some time we got bored and returned to the room. We could not understand why she could not have taken the payment and then cashed up. The local area is very good plenty of things to see and do. Short walk from the centre with lots of shops and sights. Hotel was clean and tidy but staff were appalling. If the customer service is based on the fact I paid a cheap price then maybe that is just what ibis are offering now. I can confidently say that I have stayed in cheaper hotels with much much better service.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. We have taken note of your comments and I would like to assure you that these will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed a Friday and Saturday and was there for a dance weekend. Lot of noise from 1am onwards from drunk people outside and inside for a while. Upon booking 6 weeks beforehand found they had deducted monies from my credit card. It did say that monies would not be taken until end of stay which is the norm in most places. Got a complimentary breakfast when I complained but really needn't have bothered with it as was very mediocre. Reception staff were charmless and did not smile once. The young guy on reception had to call for assistance because he did not understand what I was saying. Only thing to recommend it was the location and that breakfast was served till quite late. I won't stay there again!

Room Tip: Dont go for the front of hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matters you brought to our attention are being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a first class stylish modern hotel in good, accessible, quiet location in modern pedestrianised area of Bristol at the bottom of Park Street with multistorey Car Park right opposite. Good for access to University (reason for visit). The friendliness and service of (all european) staff was second to none. The room was very comfortable fantastically comfortable twin beds (twin requested) with everything you need although small towels and 1 small hand soap. Loo was inside showeroom..Badly let down by inedible cooked breakfast very basic hot drinks machine and pre prepared toast (??) nothing cooked to order and which was therefore very expensive at the price - would go to Costa Coffee next time 50 metres away but checked in late so did not go looking the night before. Hotel staff say noisy at weekends so book top floor. We were on Floor 2. There was very low level noise from what sounded like a generator but very faint. Staff said might be Pizza Hut below. Did not bother us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we havew noted your comments about breakfast. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one Sunday night as a birthday present for her. For £39 for one night stay for the two of us, I could not have wished for a more perfect stay. As we arrived earlier than 12, our bags were taken into a safe room for us to retrieve later when our room was available. The service was excellent, all the staff were kind and efficient and knew the answers to all of our questions.
Although the hotel is called central, it did take us about 15 minutes to walk to Cabot Circus. However, the hotel was located in its own sort of square where we found all our necessities, tesco express, pizza express and a costa coffee. The view from the room was simple but modern and nice.
The rooms were excellent - cleanliness was a 10/10, and the bed was comfortable (and had a duvet instead of sheets - very happy). The bathroom resembled that of a cabin in a boat, and the shower was very large, with enough space in the bathroom for two of us to get ready. From the room we heard noises of people outside and doors opening and being closed, but ever so faintly and it was not a distraction on the evening. Although the choice of channels wasn't vast - for £39 I'd have been happy with just channel 5.
Overall, an excellent stay, highly recommended for anyone on a short break, looking to go out and explore Bristol.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I am happy that we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again very soon.