“Clean, quiet and comfortable”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here while watching The Levellers performing in the Bristol O2 arena which is a short walk away. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. No noise during the night and the power shower worked a treat

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is situated near the city center with all the restaurants and pubs. It also is walking distance to Ashton Gate if you like to see Bristol City playing football. The room wasn't that big but it was very clean and had a very good shower in the bathroom. I didn't try their breakfast but there are several restaurants nearby. Ibis Bristol centre was much better hotel than the Ibis hotel I stayed at in Birmingham the night before. I really recommend it and I will stay here on our next football trip.

Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I know what to expect from Ibis hotels - they are budget and no frills places normally in a convenient location. The location in this case was near to the harbourside area in Bristol, which is full of restaurants and close to the city centre. It was quite noisy and for some reason there was a lot of smoke in the air outside the hotel for 2 nights while I was there. Obviously this was not the fault of the hotel, but I could smell it in my room. customer service was not brilliant, but the hotel was as expected in most other ways. The towels provided in my room were very small and no shower soap was provided, nor was a rubbish bin until I asked twice for one to be provided.

Room Tip: Avoid room 447 - end of a very long corridor, next to a multi stoery car park.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments, we appreciate your feedback and will look into the points you have raised.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Arrived at the hotel early with the idea to store our bags, happily the room was ready and we could check in early for no extra cost.

Room was clean, with plenty of tea/coffee facilities. Only gripe is the size of the towels, definitely bring your own bath towel and the ones provided are shockingly small.

Hotel is a 10 min walk or so from the Bristol Bus Station, only a couple of minutes from the city centre and night life. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on this. Would return as the price was great for 2 days and the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Don't pay for an early check in, chances are they will give you one free of charge. if not they...

Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just returned from a half term break and stayed here with my son. The location is excellent as it is opposite the Bristol science museum, aquarium, near the cathedral and plenty of shops, bars, restaurants nearby.
Breakfast was good with a fair selection of food. What would have been nice is that they had room service. there was a room service menu in the room , a direct dial number on the phone but when we tried calling we were told we would have to collect it ourselves from the restaurant.
The rooms are not large and the bathroom is wierd oval shaped capsule.As another reviewer has mentioned no toileteries in the room apart from 1 bar of soap.
Would have liked it if they could have a concierge departmant as would willingly have paid for organised days out through them instead of doing it myself.
Overall a good reasonable hotel.

Room Tip: Aim for rooms at the fornt of the hotel overlooking the main square.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The first room we were given was ages down the hallway and with the reno's going on we weaved our way through beds, builders, electrical leads etc only to enter into an unclean room. We moved across the hall to a refurbished room which was better. No toiletries in the bathroom, no free internet, pay for parking and only 3 tv channels. Would choose better next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, I was sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your stay, rest assured we have noted your comments.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is well located in the centre of Bristol close to the bustling harbourfront area. If you find this hotel at around fifty pounds for a room it is an extremely good value stay for location alone. Car parking is offered at a discount at two carparks close by (I used the Britannia Multistory covered car park) two minutes walk away from the hotel.

I felt the breakfast was somewhat bland and overcooked (it is self service) but having said that it was not an early breakfast....and the coffee machine was somewhat tempermental.

The hotel rooms are standard Ibis and are fresh with in my opinion a good bed. Rooms are spread over four floors and some rooms are a bit fo a walk from lifts etc. I found the room quiet.

The check in staff were polite and quickly provided car park information and room key.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.