“I love this place!”

The Ropewalk
Ranked #613 of 1,940 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: A nice, newly refurbished pub in Bedminster. Live music, Sunday roasts with a quiz after and great service. Come and try a coffee in our garden or a bite to eat from the kitchen. We also have a market on the last Saturday of the month. Looking forward to seeing you!
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Have been going here since it was taken over by the landlady Annie. And i love it! Has fantastic entertainment most nights. Amazing open mic and live bands. Also some amazing art work both inside the pub and out. The food is really good, the best pie I have had In a long time! All home made on the premises. Has a lovely feel to the place especially on the evening with the candles etc. The staff are friendly and Annie is great. Highly recommend a visit to this lovely little pub.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Dropped in on spec for Sunday lunch. Inquired at the bar about food choices, learned that it was a selection of meats from the Bar-b-Que; "large" or "small" larger allows for a wider selection. Happily I opted for the smaller plate and took our tickets to Anne who was tending the hot plates, she kindly explained the options a I asked for two steaks with salads please. We took a table in the sunshine out the back, good choice of real ales and pleasant music in the background. Emma delivered our food which I have to say, looked, smelt and tasted delicious! For a small choice the steaks were generous, filling the plates accompanied with a colourful selection of cooked vegetables. This was more than I'd imagined was possible! A truly pleasant surprise and it has to be said the steaks were perfectly prepared, really tasty.
Very many thanks to both Emma and Anne who made us most welcome and waited upon us with friendly professionalism that in itself was a treat. A good pub with a relaxed atmosphere and great service from the bar to the table and back again. Truly appreciated, you made my day!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019

We usually come to the rope walk every Wednesday or Thursday on the way home after playing squash in town (for the last year or so). Usually no issues however wont bother returning after last night. Got to the pub around 7.30ish, got a bottle of red wine, sat down with my friend at a table for 2 round the corner, bar lady comes over after around 15 minutes and asks us to move (empty pub)as they are expecting a big group later- no issue for us, we move to another table by the bar. Another 20 minutes or so later a church choir starts singing-, me and my friend are having an in-depth conversation about The Rock with Sean Connery (great film by the way), the bar lady comes over and essentially tells us to shut up. We weren't drunk, weren't speaking loudly, were on the other side of the pub to the people singing and last time I checked this was a pub not a church. I'm all for local events and bringing the community together ...but maybe put a sign up saying "no talking this evening"....this isn't a comment about the choir or their singing but just didn't appreciate the way we were spoken to.

I'm sure in hard times the choir will get in enough communion wine to support this pub while we continue down to North Street - where all pubs allow you to speak.

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank squeaky_shoes
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

I don’t want to waste too much time on this review because the food was so shocking, so to keep it brief;
Raw roast potatoes
Vegetables like baby food
Cheap ready mix gravy
Raw Yorkshire puddings
Advertised belly pork but clearly a different cut

I could mash up my entire roast dinner with the back of my fork!

Ended up sending all the food back and getting a refund!
AVOID the roast!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Ate there before a concert at the Fiddlers. Lots of artwork for sale on the walls and covered alleyway with armchairs outside. Looks stark and woody but friendly staff and the tapas we had were really good, generously portioned and reasonably prices. They serve real ale too.

Date of visit: December 2018