“traditional type pub”
Review of Highbury Vaults

Highbury Vaults
Ranked #9 of 148 Nightlife in Bristol
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I rather liked this pub, it had a traditional feel to it with all the wooden interiors. Though it doesnt have the most spacious of rooms but does have a nice beer garden which is also covered.

There was a nice selection of local ales and ciders and there was no issue in taking a child in with us (day time-unsure about later on).

It was a quiet time and cannot say about weekends/evenings but we enjoyed the relaxed pub feel

All reviews
"nice pub"
"bar billiards table"
"old fashioned pub"
in 3 reviews
"beer garden at the back"
"beers and ciders"
"youngs"
"pubs"
"barman"

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ok, I don't drink beer/ale so I can't review this pub for that side of things. I understand it may be good for beer, however even taking that in to consideration, I don't like the place!

It's really dark inside (a traditional pub I think they say), but it just feels dingy and grubby. I really think it needs a huge steam clean. The decor and furnishings are really grubby and horrible. The fact that it's so dark only makes it feel even more seedy.

It does have an outdoor area at the back (again needs some doing up) so that's a plus, however whenever I have visited I just cannot wait to leave to get some fresh air and daylight!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

An Ok little pub, and a bit less stuck up than others dotted around St Michael's hill. However, I can't think of any good reason (other than making more money from patrons) for having a cash machine that charges you £2 for the privilege of accessing your own money rather than taking cards at the bar. It's definitely an ale pub which will be great for some but means that if you want a pint of larger you're not exactly spoilt for choice or quality...

1  Thank Ewan M