“first class”

Ranked #32 of 1,677 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on Queens road, Clifton our restaurant offers a unique and welcoming environment in which to share life’s best moments with friends and family.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This evening was my second visit to Al Bacio. The food and the service are both excellent, we will definately return. My recommendation is to visit now, because before long this restaurant is going to become very busy and popular, and justifiably so. I especially like the outside seating area, which looks so welcoming and inviting. This is a special place.

2  Thank annie w
Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was there last Saturday with my wife and my 2 kids we have beautiful time is hard to get please to eat when you have kids but al bacio you will fond what you need the food was top notch and the serves 1 class the manager chechu he know how to in your mind with lots magic so the kids well get something to do and we get time me and my wife to enjoy the food and cocktail we will be back soon and we recommend al bacio to all friend and family

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Every mouthful was appreciated at this charming new restaurant where the staff are friendly and attentive. The monkfish and chilli pasta was especially tasty. We are very happy to have this place as a local and will be back sometime soon for lunch and cocktails. I felt terrible that I did not have any cash on me to leave a tip; it was a last minute decision to go out for dinner and we arrived shamefully unprepared.

1  Thank N T
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to try this new Italian restaurant and we were very pleasantly surprised. The venue has had a complete overhaul and is now modern and comfortable. We were welcomed enthusiastically and the service was fantastic throughout our visit... We were dining with our young children and, they particularly enjoyed the staff attention. The menu is varied with some classic Italian treats and a great seafood selection. We tried the pizza, pasta and steak and the seafood casserole starter was a big hit too. All the dishes we tried were cooked well, beautifully presented and delicious. Portion sizes were generous and the classic dishes were particularly good value.. Take a look at the online menu and you'll get a feel for the pricing. My only recommendation would be the introduction of smaller portions or a children's menu. We will definitely be returning very soon.

1  Thank Poppyh24
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Noticed this place had opened a few days ago and thought we would go and as a local thought we would support as it is about time Clifton had a decent non chain Italian restaurant.
We had the Mare Misto to start it was reasonable but at 17.90 for two ( 8.95 each ) was not great value. My Risotto Nero and my partners Spaghetti Carbonara were well cooked although the latter dish was only luke warm when delivered to the table.
Overall the staff seemed to be fairly disorganised, was a bit disappointed there was no bread or olives to nibble on whilst waiting on our starters. The white wine we ordered was not properly chilled ( and the ice bucket took up lot of space ON the table ) and beware the bottles of water for 3.10 are only half bottles not full 750ml. No ice or lemon offered for the glasses either.
We did not stay for dessert or coffee we were sitting outside but close to Queens road and the traffic noise was becoming annoying. Suggest they do something to shield the outdoor eating area from the road as it is not much of a view anyway.
At £62 approx for two courses and a bottle of wine (18.50) was not great value. I hope they succeed, early days, but some improvements needed to service, attention to detail and ambiance. Will probably try again ( maybe in doors next time ) in a few months in the hope things have settled and service improvements have been made.

4  Thank Colin G