“Burgers are nice, but 2 hour wait for food?”
Review of The Hobgoblin

The Hobgoblin
Ranked #94 of 1,640 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

As someone who used to work in a restaurant, I am astounded at how it takes 2 hours to make burgers and fries. The pub was at capacity and we were warned it would take 2 hours for our food to arrive so we were well aware of the wait.

However what I don't get is why it takes that long to cook burgers. Does the chef not know how to multitask? I got the impression he was literally cooking one dish at a time which just cannot work in a commercial business. I didn't see orders flying out of the kitchen, but just trickling through.... slowly.

Plus the bun was cold - it would have been nice if it was warmed up. It wasn't worth the 2 hour wait.

There are newer reviews for The Hobgoblin

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Awesome burgers, awesome fries, huge portions, fresh local ingredients. Be prepared for a long wait mind or to not get a table. Atmosphere isn't the best, but you'll soon forget all that as soon as you see your burger. Sandwiches also good.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hobgoblin is a classic English style pub that serves massive portions of original tasting burgers and barbequed meats. The 'dirty, dirty fries' are a must try. They taste amazing and have some of the juiciest pulled pork youl ever try mixed in amongst the seasoned fries. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went to the hobgoblin with family, it was recommended by a friend, the landlord was a bit bleary eyed from a busy night before, but was still willing, able and very successful at being a top bloke, he had us served and seated in minutes, all while dealing with many other bits going on as new years eve was upon us, we all ordered the burgers, oh my, really? I honestly have never eaten a softer, squishier or tastier burger, ever, fact. Go there, it's a funky, fun, light and airy space that makes you feel welcome and comfy, it's my 'go to' place from now on!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have eaten many burgers. I once qued up in Covent Garden for an hour to try one of the 'best burgers in the world' and as I sat there chawing down I couldn't help but think that The Hobgoblin's is better.

This shocked me, so I went around Bristol and tried to find a better burger than this place. Let me save you the time. It can't be done.

I went back last night and it never gets old.

The quality is just outstanding, the cheese top bap is a personal favourite and the special sauce is just amazing.