“Bah humbug!”
Review of Bowlplex

Bowlplex
Ranked #53 of 74 Fun & Games in Bristol
Reviewed December 8, 2014

A group of us went here for xmas night out and it was pretty rubbish to be honest. The staff were rude and just not interested, the place was half empty (strange for a Saturday night leading up to xmas?) there was no atmosphere and apparently the bar does not serve lemon or lime with drinks??? The manager was really stroppy and unhelpful when we had a problem with our game, just no need for it. We enjoyed the actual bowling but the venue is tired, needs updating and some atmosphere! They also should be clearer about the opening times: sign stated 10.00-Late and the doorman said it was12am but they called last orders at 11.25 then told us they were closed when we went to the bar insisting they had called time?! Overall we had fun but our night was spoiled by the staff attitude and we won't be rushing back.

1  Thank merch16
Richard J, General Manager at Bowlplex, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2014

Dear Merch16,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we value customer feed back and always take any negative reviews very seriously.

I have investigated the issues that you have raised and talked to the team that were working on the night you visited.

Looking back at your booking I can see that you booked for twelve people but imputed thirteen when you arrived at the lane, this will have been the route cause of the problems that you had on the lane as it will have timed out before the end of you game due to the additional player that you added. I understand from my duty manager that she tried to explain this to you but that there was some confusion and that she then turn your game back on and gifted you a free game to cover the extra player.

I apologise if you feel that at any point you feel the staff were rude, I have personally spoken to each member of the team that was working and reiterated how important it is that we are offering the best customer service possible. I also have booked in a training session for the entire team on customer service and how to resolve customer issues.

Having looked at our signage for opening hours I can see that it could be confusing as we currently advertise both our School Holiday opening hours and Regular opening hours on the same sign. At the time of your visit we were operating in the latter of the two so our closing time would have been 11:30pm. I will be removing this signage and replacing it with something clearer. The member of our Door staff that you spoke to was relatively new and had been instructed that all customers needed to be cleared from the building by 12:00 which is where I think the confusion has arisen. I have spoken to him since and rectified this misunderstanding of our door policy.

I have been into our system and from our records the bar till was taken away at 11:34 and CCTV confirms that the announcements for both last orders and time at the bar where done at the correct times of 11:15pm and 11:30pm. I apologise if you did not hear these, I will be looking at the sound levels for our PA system to make sure that these are not missed by our customers again.

I appreciate that all of these things will have had a negative impact on your visit to us and I can only apologise, this is not the level of service that we aim to provide to our customers. I hope that my above comments will reassure you that should you decide to visit us again your experience will be a lot more pleasant.

Richard James

General Manager.

Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

Swift payment at the desk very helpful by entering your details before you get to the lane. Arcade/ pool and bar available

It's all a bit tired now but works well enough. The pool was empty and seemed unloved. Bar trendy and high prices for a family venue .

Jumbo hot dog great value at £3 but another £2 for chips come on !
Visit but be smart on buying stuff
All young people on the team but pretty good to be fair

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Nice site, clean and well maintained. The toilets are nice and clean. I found all the staff I talked to to be pleasant, helpful and customer focused. We booked and paid online which was very straight forward, price wise it was okay, it's not the cheapest way to entertain the family, but a family deal meant we paid £66 for 2 games for 7 of us which isn't too bad per person. Some of the off peak unlimited play deals look good to. Also good news they don't insist on you wearing bowling shoes providing you have sensible flat footwear on.

1  Thank Ian N
Reviewed August 22, 2014

2nd time we've been, no issues. all clean, all good, selection of food, drinks, costa coffee, bar. Clean lanes, plenty of balls, everything works fine.
The computer is a tad confusing, but staff willing to help. Staff are short on ground, they are busy doing everything, but are polite and helpful.
Cheaper than Swindon to play. On a complex with lots of other bits to entertain you too.
There;s entertainment area too with games etc, which helps when waiting for your lane.
Shoes are lined up to grab, my only worry is you take them, put them back, no cleaning in between. I have worries of foot fungus. :/ Other than that, no complaints.