“Excellent Indian fine dining experience”
Review of Meluha - CLOSED

Meluha
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Winner of THE BRISTOL GOOD FOOD AWARDS BEST INDIAN 2014 Meluha represents a journey through the senses - owned by Chef Stephen Gomes - Cobra Good Curry Guide Chef of the Year 2007-8, 9-10 and 12-13.The menu perfectly balances authentic Indian dishes, mastered during Chef Stephens training and travels in the sub-continent and experimentation. With molecular cooking techniques Chef Stephen brings spices to life i a profusion of clouds, smoke and foam, perfectly flavoured, absolutely moreish and visually beautifully.Warm friendly service in the lovely setting of Park Street Bristol, Meluha is described by the editor of Flavour Magazine as "Indian fine dining at its very best".
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to Meluha for my partners birthday and tried the 5 course taster menu. I will leave the menu itself as a surprise but you will not be disappointed. the service was great and we felt well looked after. They also made a birthday cake for my partner which was presented at the end of the end of the meal. If you are looking for a unique fine dining experience look no further.

1  Thank eaglevsshark86

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This was mine and my husband's second visit to Meluha but the first visit for our family. We recommended it to them as we were celebrating a 60th birthday and a business school graduation so wanted to go somewhere special. And it was definitely special! The staff were incredible and attentive, and they even gave us a couple of treats we weren't expecting as they knew we were celebrating. The food was delicious and looked fantastic, and the chef even came out a couple of times to say hello and check on my husband's order as he wanted his extra hot. In fact my husband liked the naga pickle that the chef made for him so much, that the chef gave him a little pot to take home! I had the chicken tikka, which is obviously a standard indian restaurant meal, but this was really different. The chicken wasn't dry and worked oddly and brilliantly well with the tikka masala ice cream, and there was a perfect amout of sauce which was kept separate. The green tea rice is to die for, as is the rose and chocolate ice cream. Everyone really enjoyed their meals (everyone ordered something different) and they helped us with the menu as we had a vegetarian and a gluten-free person.

I would definitely recommend Meluha as a special occasion restaurant, in fact before we left we made another booking for another birthday!

All in all, delicious food and top notch service, in fact I don't think I've ever had such good service before.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bristol UK now has three world class restaurants. There's Wilkes on Chandos Rd that's just got a Michelin star, Bordeaux Quay on the waterfront and a recent addition, Meluha on Park Street. We went to Meluha with two discerning gourmet friends and had one of the best fine dining experiences of our lives. Not only was the Indian-inspired fusion food awesomely interesting and delicious, the entire evening was enormously good fun. The Meluha menu requires detailed exploration before settling on your choice. We spread bet our meals by each of us ordering something different and sharing. The starters set the tone, with combinations of three separate little dishes -- all of them individually flavoured and presented. And the mains? I have never encountered Indian food at this level before. The spicing is deceptively subtle, but as you taste each mouthful, it opens up to reveal a succession of hidden depths -- the Goan fish curry is sublime., lamb chops hanging on a rack above flavoured potato puree are heavenly, the tarka dahl is divine -- and so on. Everything on the table was close to perfection -- and then came the afters. I had rose ice cream that really did smell and taste of roses. Another member of our party had a combo that included a chocolate samosa. We all had a tiny bite and it was so out of this world we asked for more. They came -- suspended on a rack, freshly made and straight from the deep fryer. Small, hot crispy parcels with melted dark chocolate inside. Total cost including drinks was around £50 each. No dinner at this standard would come cheaper. A treat. We will save up and go again. And again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to Meluha following a local magazine review, after the very friendly waiter described the meals in detail to us, we opted for the Gourmet Taster with wine flight. Well what a brilliant decision and experience, the only possible complaint which is minor, was that the dessert did not live up to the other four courses.
5 Star- Defiantly will be going back

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rather plain decor, service a bit haphazard but the food was really excellent. I had the beef tamarind which was amazing and the Goan fish curry which again can't be faulted. All four of us finished every scrap of food and all raved about their choices. Delicious.

1  Thank linda19536