“Amazing experience”

Meluha
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Winner of THE BRISTOL GOOD FOOD AWARDS BEST INDIAN 2014 Meluha represents a journey through the senses - owned by Chef Stephen Gomes - Cobra Good Curry Guide Chef of the Year 2007-8, 9-10 and 12-13.The menu perfectly balances authentic Indian dishes, mastered during Chef Stephens training and travels in the sub-continent and experimentation. With molecular cooking techniques Chef Stephen brings spices to life i a profusion of clouds, smoke and foam, perfectly flavoured, absolutely moreish and visually beautifully.Warm friendly service in the lovely setting of Park Street Bristol, Meluha is described by the editor of Flavour Magazine as "Indian fine dining at its very best".
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Welcome, atmosphere, decor, service and especially the food were FANTASTIC!
If you love the finer things in life then you cannot afford to miss Meluha. phone and book your table right now! you won't regret it, you will only regret not going sooner.

1  Thank chefaswell

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It has to be said I am not a great curry lover but this is not your normal curry house The decor, staff and service get 5 stars but the food is on another level, fabulous. We went for the taster menu and we were in for a real treat, I cant remember if it was six or seven courses but each dish surpassed the previous one, I could have had the pallet cleanser as a soup starter in its own right. We are only in Bristol for two nights and we will be eating there again tonight. This is not expensive for the quality of food and service provided. A must try for curry and non curry lovers.

1  Thank Niall35
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Meluha on a Saturday night it was reasonably quiet as they are building themselves up to ensure everyone has the same experience.
Great impression as you walked through the door and the restaurant was tastefully decorated.
The service was excellent all night, formal with the right level of friendliness and a good knowledge of the menu, couldn't fault it.
We decided against the taster menu which I think was a mistake in hindsight, though £45 isn't cheap, there seemed to be a great selection of food coming out and as with all the food all night the presentation is fantastic.
My wife and I both had a starter mine was 'with a little twist' which is 3 pieces of marinated chicken, which were nice but £7 for 3 pieces of chicken felt a little expensive. My wife's starter had a 'Indian shepherds pie' is the best we to found to describe it since I can't remember the name, which was fantastic.
We both opted for a curry main with a naan bread and the waiter recommended a naan for our meals, mine was the Chilli, chocolate and honey with my Lamb Dakshini. Apart from getting a little sticky with the naan bread I really enjoyed my curry probably the nicest I've had, but at £17 before sides was again a little pricey for a 'curry'. If that would have come with rice or a naan for the same price, then I would say this was about the right price. My wife felt the same, we have dined in much more expensive restaurants and have no problems with the price if the food meets the requested price.
For dessert I had the Lakshi Cherry, which looked amazing as it came out, had the most amazing candy floss on the top and the dessert was like a tart 'semi freddo' with the sour cherries and the sweet mango sauce just made it. The desserts were well priced and really enjoyable.
Overall I really liked what they are doing and will be back to try the taster menu but maybe need to adjust the price of one or 2 things.

1  Thank df77
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First time trying this place! Great Staff, Layout is simply beautiful. Menu very impressive with a wide range of food. Tried the laal maas dish. Simply the best Lamb dish I've ever had! Will Definitely revisit to try other dishes on the menu.

1  Thank Asad Q
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Excellent authentic Indian food with a twist. Don't expect a 'standard' Indian menu, this isn't a 'standard' Indian restaurant. It's not cheap, but the food combined with immaculate service more than justifies the price. Not recommended as as venue for a cheap night out with the lads!

1  Thank RoerD