“Sourdough worth travelling for!”
Review of Hart's Bakery

Hart's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 15 Bakeries in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 20, 2014

After becoming completely addicted to sourdough bread many years ago in San Francisco, I've never really been able to find any in the UK that compares... until recently.

A random Google search brought up Hart's one day and I vowed to give it a try then next time I was in Bristol. I'm glad I did. Their sourdough is just incredible. The taste, texture and quality, everything about it is just perfect. It would be quite possible to eat an entire loaf, without any butter or topping, in one sitting. It's that good.

I've since also tried a number of their cakes - including the amazing Almond pastry mince pies - and they're also faultless, but it's the sourdough I now make a point of picking up whenever I'm in Bristol (and, truth be told, it's what makes me look for excuses to go there).

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I visit this bakery regularly, when ever I go the service is always excellent, warm and welcoming with a smile, friendly with superb coffee, try the bacon and egg, I would recommend this bakery to everyone

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Fantastic artisanal bakery that feels like it has been transported straight from shoreditch! The sourdough loaves put inedible pappy supermarket bread to shame - it's truly awesome stuff.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great bakery and cafe atmosphere with the smell of fresh bread baked on site, staff very engaging. Lovely croissant's and sour dough bread. Only issue was lack of seating as it was very busy. Great for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a fantastic place! Lots of customers enjoying lunch at trestle tables whilst watching the bakery action in the back of the arch. Had a delicious unhurried coffee and cake!