“Great food, very welcoming hosts, great prices”
Review of River City

River City
Ranked #415 of 1,652 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were staying in Bristol Harbour and found River City on Tripadvisor, Saturday night can be very hectic around the harbour and we wanted somewhere a little more relaxed. River City fitted perfectly, 10mins walk. As per the other reviews don't be put off by the outside. The food was excellent and the chef is happy to swap anything you want (I fancied saute potatoes even though they weren't on the menu). Deserts are to die for so leave room.

2  Thank Peter C

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked a table here on early Saturday evening! Couldn't ask for a sweet tidy, clean pub serving meals!
Bob and his wife are the greatest of hosts, really warm, welcoming and friendly! The food was simply lush, and my goodness, the home made lemon cheesecake was outstanding!
Beautiful people, beautiful place, beautiful food, couldn't ask for more! Our next venture will be a Sunday Roast!
Thank you both, We will be back soon but as you said we will make sure we book a Sunday roast!

1  Thank Barb_7474
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Randomly found this place as I was waiting for a late night bus.

I just had the best cheese cake ever. Brilliant cafe. Must visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a quite spot and I wouldn't describe it as a pub, which I think is the appeal.
Very clean and attentive host. Couldn't do enough for us.
Roast choice of 4 meats, can't go wrong with that!
Lots of meat and veg and gravy !
Tasty stuff.
Desserts were amazing. All home made.
Would return.
I think this place makes a change from pub type atmosphere. Although of course they serve beer, cider wine etc.
Good value.

1  Thank Marie S
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I’ve never left a review for a restaurant but wanted to take the time to say that this pub does the best Sunday Roast in Bristol, if not the south west. The veg is cooked to order so it comes out perfectly cooked, layers of amazing tender beef, great roasties, loads of delicious gravy (clearly home made from the taste) and topped off with a huge Yorkshire pudding.

This is a quality roast. And only for £8.50. once you have eaten here you will not put up with the slop that is served elsewhere. I’ve said to the owners that they need to enter Bristol’s best Sunday roast competition as they will win hands down. The service is friendly without being imposing; laidback without being lacklustre. a chance find on a post carnival walk along the river but this will be the ONLY place I go out for sunday lunch.

2  Thank dermotchristian