“Excellent Venue”

Ranked #893 of 1,765 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have regular business meetings here - cool location in a good spot of Bristol....ah hem...."Clifton"!! Very friendly and welcoming. Great coffee and grub to match - have no reason to look anywhere else as I am a creature of habit and this suits me to the ground. Well done

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have visited Cafe 59 on two occasions recently. Once for a coffee and snack with my 2 year old and once for lunch with a friend. First time, great coffee and they comped the drink for my 2 year old - how kind of them! So, I was already a fan after that experience. The second visit confirmed it for me. I had the calamari, and it was quite simply the best calamari I have ever had. Large portion and cooked to perfection. Very reasonable prices and large outdoor patio should we ever have any nice weather again. I've heard the pancakes are outstanding, looking forward to trying those soon. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We needed a spontaneous late lunch and hoped we'd either snag a late table at the newly opened River Station Canteen in Whiteladies Road, or be able to enjoy a bar snack there, at least. So we parked in Apsley Road and walked around the corner, only to be disappointed: no tables and no gluten free option among the cakes available as bar food. I'd noticed Cafe 59 across the road from our parking space and suggested we give it a try. Luckily, they were happy to accommodate the three of us.
We spent some time looking at the menu - which was full of delicious sounding temptations of Mediterranean and middle eastern dishes. I decided on the current meal deal, choosing monk fish with pomegranate and puy lentils and the flour free chocolate Turkish delight,cake. My son had lamb skewers and a brownie with ice cream while my husband had the breakfast dish of tomatoes with middle eastern sausages so enjoyed by Danny A. We found the food and the atmosphere in this cafe really excellent and were grateful for the happy accident that led us to its door. We will certainly return to this friendly restaurant soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lovely food and the staff are really friendly and really make you feel comfortable and welcomed. lovely little gems like this place, also nice to have a change from the usual English breakfast, mine was lovely, cant remember its name though haha. Shouskala or something, slightly spicy tomatoes with a couple sausages...mmmm! Will be back soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This has been for years open in the daytime for breakfasts and brunches etc. It is now open in the evening. We had a good meal there last week - the menu is not large but it was easy to find something good and the quality of the food was excellent. There is a very good offer on at the moment - a meal and glass of wine for about £13 a head!