“Best coffee in the UK”

Small Street Espresso
Ranked #2 of 85 Coffee & Tea in Bristol
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are an independent espresso bar in the heart of Bristol offering fantastic coffee, whole leaf tea, handmade cakes and cold drinks. In the mornings we also have fresh pastries from Hart's Bakery and for lunch we have a small range of sourdough toasties. Everything is available to enjoy in or to take away.We specialise in coffee, and at any one time have a house and guest espresso, decaf, and also single origin beans for filter coffee. All our coffees are also available ground or whole bean for you to enjoy at home.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were visiting family in Bristol. We are from Sydney, Australia. I searched the web for reviews for a good coffee and Small St popped up, It did not disappoint. It was one of the best coffee's I ever had. It left us floating along and we tried to drink the coffee slowly just so it would last longer, if I lived in Bristol this would become my local coffee shop. Also, the banter with the guys running the shop was lovely and I really hope they go from strength to strength (branch out the UK needs it!)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We found Small Street Espresso by accident, but it was a great find!
The coffee is top-notch, and served with a smile. I loved the duck-egg blue coffee machine and matching crockery.
We were told that most of the produce is locally sourced, including the cakes and pastries.
Unfortunately the pastries were all finished as we were late, but the toasted banana bread was a very nice alternative. Rich, full of banana and chocolate, and with a dollup of melted butter on top!!
The place is small, but well laid out, and the simple design is well presented. As one of the other reviewers pointed out: this is not a restaurant, but it is a very good coffee shop.
Wished we had Small Street around the corner here in Switzerland!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm no great coffee expert, but the cofee in this place is as good as I've had, staff are very friendly and there is covered outdoor seating. Recommended, but do bear in mind that apart from sandwiches and pastries there isn't much food choice.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Fabulous top notch coffee delivered with passion and pride. There's much more in each cup than just caffeine. On the front line of proving how good coffee can be when done with care and desire. Make it your one stop caffeine shot in Bristol!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just a wonderful experience from start to finish.
Amazing, amazing coffee.
Made both my wife and I extremely welcome.
Very generous with the free samples, wanted genuine feedback to see if they could improve on anything (which they couldn't !).
Can't recommend these guys enough.
Well worth the trip from Wales just to go there.
Which we definitely will again.

1  Thank Andrew M