“Great food and coffee, shame about wasteful plastic!”
Review of Friska

Friska
Ranked #300 of 1,831 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

Exceptional coffee! Veggie breakfast was fresh and tasty. Just couldn't get my head around the buckets of disposable plastic cutlery. And why serve in cardboard boxes when you're eating inside? They have recycling bins but plates and metal cutlery would have cut waste and better suited the vibe. That said, cracking brunch cafe, and nice to have a chilli sauce that is genuinely hot!

2  Thank nomadicrevery
Griff H, Owner at Friska, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Hi Nomadicrevery

Thanks for taking the time to feedback on your visit and really pleased you liked what we do.

I totally get your comment on the whole disposable cutler / boxes. It is something that we do discuss a great deal but because we are so geared up to be "the best take away / eat in place around". Within this context Speed is a major focus and by having a simple and standardised style of service we improve speed and keep costs down.

For what it's worth we do recycle / compost / incinerate all our waste so although we do create waste we do our best to minimise it's impact.

I'm sure this debate will continue but hopefully you can see where we are coming from.

Thanks again and glad you like the place.

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

I think we not the demographic expected in this very bustling venue. When we went in the queue was up to the door, but plenty of people taking orders ensured that I didn't wait long to be served, the staff were all lovely, and took time for polite greetings and help with the menu. The pulled pork pho, was absolutely delicious, full of crispy vegetables and wonderful flavour, I came away feeling full of nourishment and comfort. Falafel wrap and sweet potato hot box went down very well with others in the group. For a couple of oldies the place was very noisy, but it was very nice to see such a place doing so well. This is fast food at it's very best. I would like someone to make me that pho everyday!

Griff H, Owner at Friska, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Hi Pamela,

Firstly I'm so sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you - I don't know how or why I missed this review but thank you very much indeed for visitings and really pleased you liked what we do and how we do it.

We've just launched a new menu so pop by again and see what you think - spring has sprung!

Bye for now,

Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

Friendly, fast service. We had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast and a bacon toastie. Both delicious. Got a bit cold as the door was left open. Serving breakfast till 11.30.

Griff H H, Owner at Friska, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Hi MrSKB78,

Thanks very much for taking the time to feed back and glad you liked the place.

We've got an over door heater now which should help with this but it can be a bugger in the winter with people (understandably) coming in and out.

Thanks again,

Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

I work just round the corner from this place and have been a regular customer for 4 years. The selection is good and all the food is fab quality. Their porridge is to die for, I've never had anything like it. The soy mushroom pho noodles are immense too. Relaxing atmosphere. Deffo work a visit.

1  Thank stephlrm
Griff H H, Owner at Friska, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Wow - Thanks so much for taking the time the time to feedback and thanks even more for your visits over the past 4 years - we do try really hard to make lovely food and serve it in a way that makes everyone feel good.

Thanks once again for your feedback - I'll feed it back to the team and I'm sure they will be really pleased.

Cheers

Reviewed November 2, 2015 via mobile

You can always rely on Friska for a good, fresh, tasty lunch. It's not the cheapest however.

Staff are always super lovely and helpful, and the loyalty scheme is good.

Try the chicken & Chorizo hot wrap, or the pho noodles.

The coffee is superb.

Griff H H, Owner at Friska, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2015

Thanks Rskinwill

Glad you like what we do and how we do it - the C&C Wrap is definitely a firm favourite amongst our customers.

Also really pleased to hear you love our coffee - we do take great pride in it and it's really great to hear when people enjoy it.

Bye for now,