“Non better”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
surrey
“Non better”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Eat at this pub on a Sunday usually once a month. Favourite is the 'combo' jerk pork and chicken, curried goat, rice and peas. Never had a bad meal. Service and atmosphere are great. Staff go out of their way to be helpful. Prices are very reasonable. Cater for groups, families, couples and the individual. Highly recommend. Would eat there more regularly but we live over a hundred miles away. Thinking we should move nearer.

• Visited April 2013

Bristol, UK
“Friendly neighbourhood pub”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Neighbourhood pub that does food lunchtime and early evenings; we booked a table for four, good thing we did as they had a party of 26 in having a Christmas do. The friendly waiter warned us we might have a bit of a wait, but I’ve had worse waits, and without a warning too.

Our table was a bit draughty, up against the outside door – it looks like they have built an extension which would be great in the summer, but not so good in December.

A couple of real ales on handpump – Bath Gem was one, can’t remember the other but I think it might vary.

I ordered the Famous Three Egg Omelette with bacon and peppers which turned out to be pretty good, the bacon and peppers chopped fine and stirred into the egg – came with chips, salad and coleslaw. I don’t usually like coleslaw, but this was good. My wife had excellent stir fried prawns with vegetables and rice. Our friends had the omelette and lasagne.

Lots of Jamaican stuff on the menu – jerk pork and chicken, ackee and callaloo – must try this sometime, don’t know why I didn’t - I don’t usually choose something as quotidian as egg and chips. The bill for four people including drinks came to £40 so very reasonable.

Jack Whittaker is a database administrator specialising in SQL Server technologies and author of the DBAtasks Blog

• Visited December 2012