“Somewhere special to keep coming back to!”
Review of Cherry Duck Harbourside Bistro - CLOSED

Cherry Duck Harbourside Bistro
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cherry Duck is a central retreat for those in search of quality food and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. We prise ourselves in offering freshly prepared local food, elegantly presented, at great value. Our drinks list makes us an ideal venue to enjoy our AL Fresco areas with a sun trap terrace to the front of the venue and benches on the harbour to the rear. Inside we have a top cocktail bar and classy dining space that is unfussy but refined.We are ideally situated within minutes of Bristol's main central attractions which makes us a great place to meet before heading off in to the city, or indeed after a day of sightseeing. Our quality food and beverages and attentive service, offering wine recommendations to match your food and friendly table service have put us in the running for 5 of Bristol's Good Food Awards this year. We are shortlisted for Best Restaurant, Best New Restaurant, Best Wine List, Best Front of House and also our head chef and owner Jack Bain is nominated for Best Chef.We strive to make every visitor to Cherry Duck feel in comfort and ease and are proud to have provided special experiences for so many people.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the type of hidden gem that you find food critics & authors raving about! Its only a matter of time before these guys are winning awards left, right & centre.
The service was great, the staff were attentive and only approached when they sensed they were needed, a skill often overlooked in so many restaurants where staff don't seem to understand how annoying it is to be asked if everything is ok when you've a mouthful of food, not here though.
The food though is the star of the show, we've eaten here for both evening meals and brunch and they rival ANY restaurant we've eaten in including Tom Aiken and Dinner by Heston.

Simple dishes are turned into masterpieces by the inclusion of a twist on the theme or a sauce/mousse that adds a WOW factor.
Signature dishes are spectacular and would win acclaim from anyone who tastes them.

This place is very special and deserves all the praise that it is receiving.

Couldn't have been more pleased by the service & food and can't wait to come back again.

1  Thank Mike A

Reviewed February 24, 2013

How rare and fortunate to visit a city for one night and find such a gem! My husband and I stumbled upon this culinary delight and were blown away. He had the beef whilst I had the visual and literal 'feast' of beetroot and goats cheese mouse- and that was for starters! Each course was better than the last - I could have eaten a whole plateful of potatoes on their own. . . everything was exceptionally well presented - pea shoots, balsamic droplets - and the staff were warm, friendly and knowledgeable. The main course was a challenge - for choice - and deserts proved even harder - they were so good! I melted into lime mouse with milk ice-cream and pistachio toile, whilst he slipped into chocolate fondant, caramel sauce and stout ice cream: simply sublime! We even shared cheese - just because we knew the warm figs and honey would be as exquisite and the rest of the meal - and we were right! We will definitely recommend the Cherry Duck to everyone we know in the Bristol area and hold out hope that one day they will expand to the Midlands!!

1  Thank Jane E
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited the Cherry Duck in Bristol on Saturday night and wanted to share my experience. This is the first review I have written on this site but felt this was something special to share with you all.

I have recently visited the Michelin Starred Crown at Whitebrook and the Terry M restaurant at the Celtic Manor and the food delivered last night was easily of the same standard, but with the lovely addition of being in a warm and inviting setting in the heart of Bristol. The food served by Jack and his team was not only exceptionally presented and delicious not just for me but all of the 30 guests each had smiles on there faces. I had a game terrine to start followed by the signature Cherry duck and both were exquisite.

The waiting staff were inviting, friendly and passionate about the restaurant. It is rare to find such a caring group of staff who are determined to serve exceptional food and experiences to their diners.

The acoustics and environment of the restaurant were lovely. A small riverfront restaurant tastefully decorated with a collection of local prints hanging from the walls. It was lovely to see Jack and the other chefs preparing the food in front of us and it was almost as though we had been invited into a family home.

Would I return? Definitely. 5 star chef, 5 star setting and 5 star service. Fantastic.

Keep up the good work guys and thank you.

1  Thank mclark2701
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a wonderful time celebrating a friends birthday. All of the food was absolutely heavenly and beautifully presented. We were a large group and the service was excellent.
Will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Florence5678
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my husband as part of a living social deal.

The food was out of this world! ( I agree with the lady in one of the previous reviews who said she wanted to smash her face into the plate it was that good!) I had the pigeon to start, my husband had the steak and they were both superb, the parsnip purée with the pigeon was something special.
For main I had the salmon and my husband had the guinea fowl again both excellent, alot of thought has gone into the flavours of the dish and at times it was like there was a party in my mouth!
Desserts were chocolate fondant and treacle tart with banana sorbet and again these were perfect.

The service was delightful, the waiter suggested wines to go with our meals which i thought was a lovely touch. The waitress was always smiling.

I think I have a new favourite place for dinner...

1  Thank J_MRichings